PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Realistic trade values

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2012, 10:20 PM
Default Realistic trade values

Well....finally traded in the wifes 08 H3. She wanted a escape, but I got her to drive a 11 Grand cherokee. She had a very hard time getting used to seeing out of the Hummer and since it is her daily driver, I had to cave. She is very happy with the GC, but I am going to really miss the H3, I have had a ton of trucks over the years, and I liked the H3 the most... even more than my Denali.
Here is where this might help some of you other owners out there, I bought her H3 back in July and paid 21k for it with 35k on it, it is a luxury with everything except dvd, and navi. When I purchased it it seemed there were alot around (3 year leases ending maybe)so I did beat the dealer down from 22.9k... I made the deal on the grand cherokee, beat the dealer down to 25k for a 11 with 12k on it, then sprung the trade, they gave me 21,250 for the h3, I was hoping to get 20k for it.... I kept a poker face and did the deal, and asked the salesman after everything was done, how they came to the figure on my trade, and he said, there are not alot of nice h3's out there and they will pay a premium for nice ones because they are easy to sell, and it's not like people can go out and buy a new one.... I didn't really think anything about it, until I checked their website a couple days later, and it is on there for 23,800. If you do decide to trade yours in, make sure you get top trade value, and if you are looking for one, if you find it at under nada retail buy it. Obviously this all hinges on condition, but I know how dealers work with trying to steal trades.(one dealer I was at offered $17,500.) I am sure I am going to kick myself for getting rid of the H3, especially in a couple years when I look for one for myself to keep....

Old 02-01-2012, 10:42 PM

thats useful info to have.... thanks for sharing. is the GC 4 wheel drive?

Old 02-02-2012, 01:29 AM

Originally Posted by kauaineb
thats useful info to have.... thanks for sharing. is the GC 4 wheel drive?
All GCs are 4x4, even the SRT8s.

Old 02-02-2012, 06:34 AM

It is a 4wd, actually awd. it is a laredo so no 4x4 switch at all. have to get the quadra track 2 to get the switch. she likes it, to me it's like a big station wagon,it rides like a car.

Old 02-02-2012, 07:10 AM

Well even the QUADRA-TRAC I 4WD system that is standaard is considered a full time 4wd by Jeep. The QUADRA-DRIVE II 4WD WITH REAR ELSD is the optional system. At least it was on the 2011 models. Plus you have a 2 speed transfercase don't you?

QUADRA-TRAC I® 4WD
No buttons to push, or levers to pull. The Quadra-Trac I® 4WD system is always engaged for all-weather capability and peace-of-mind. Combined with Brake Lock Differential, the Quadra-Trac I 4WD system provides a "command of the road" confidence that only comes in a Jeep® vehicle
Grand Cherokee:
Laredo – Standard
Laredo X – Standard

QUADRA-DRIVE® II 4WD WITH REAR ELSD
The definitive capability statement — Quadra-Drive® II 4WD system with rear Electronic Limited Slip Differential delivers superior all-weather traction and legendary Jeep® off-road capability. Choose the Auto mode in the standard Selec-Terrain® traction control system for everyday driving or quickly dial-in Sport, Snow, Sand/Mud or Rock for specific driving conditions. Adding another dimension is the Quadra-Lift® air suspension system — it can raise the vehicle for better off-road capability and lower it on-road for better handling and fuel efficiency+.
Grand Cherokee:
Laredo X - Optional
Limited – Optional
Overland – Optional
Overland Summit – Optional

Last edited by TAINTER; 02-02-2012 at 07:12 AM.
Old 02-02-2012, 07:35 PM

I am not sure if it is a 2 speed transfer case, if it is, it is computer controled as there is no switch in the truck. We have had no real crappy weather here this year, so I haven't had the opportunity to have it in deep snow.... so I don't really know how I am gonna like not having a 4-lo option. One of the drawbacks for me is the ground clearance, to me it seems low, especially compared to the H3.... I don't think it is something I would want to take off-road very much.

Old 02-03-2012, 12:33 PM

Really nice things were said about the Hummer.....I am planning to buy one but I dont know if I should buy the H2 or the H3 version ...there are plenty for sale where I live. Anyone could recommend me what is best ?

Old 02-03-2012, 12:53 PM
Default I looked at the H2 and H3

I went with the H3 Alpha, I wanted the v8 but did not want the size of H2 as a daily driver. My last car was a porsche 911 so the H3 was big enough compared to what I was use to and the H2 just seemed way to big to get around town in. I did not like the way the 5 cylinder drove, you might want to try out a H3 with the V8. My 2 cents

Old 02-03-2012, 01:54 PM

I'm fine with my little I-5. It pulls all I needs, it is comfortable, dependable, and I get better MPG than if I had a V8. I mean, the V8 is cool, but I just need to get around and get the best mileage I can. I've got a hot rod if I want to go faster.