PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

just rebuilt transmission now this!

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2015, 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by happythree
my GUeSS is the guy got a wire pinched when doing the solenoids?
pull the pan and look??
Pan was pulled and everything was ok. I went and got the truck. It messed up once on the way home and now 2 weeks later of driving it every day it hasnt messed up once. Just today though my catalytic converter is throwing a check engine code and is rattling really bad. Coincidence? I dont know.

Old 09-27-2015, 12:29 AM
Default No Over Drive and 2 gear slips

Originally Posted by rsc
If your transmission is starting out in 2nd or 3rd, but manually shifts it sounds like the 1/2 shift solenoid is bad. Easy fix, drop pan and unscrew the square solenoid on the side of the valve body, reinstall the $25 part, reassemble and enjoy. Mine was done with the valve body already out, can't remember if that has to come out first.
Ok, So I bought this '06 H3 with a bad A/T transmission, but now I'm thinking it might not be that "bad."

For about 5 minutes whn its cold in the morning, all shifts go in smooth, no issues. Afterwards it seems like im in 2 gear all the time except...

I fugure out that if I stop and use the numbers it works. First I use 1 and get it up to 2.5k RPMs and shift to 3. After a while I notice that the transmission is doing some shifting but it's hard to tell what what gears it is in. I can only do about 60-65 on the Hwy at 3k RPM.

Check engine light? yes for the temperature sensor and O2 sensors. If I drive too long or too hard it will start slipping and would have to restart the process. Also, the "Service TPM" comes up after long drives. Is that the Tire Pressure Monitor?

After a ton of reading and blog reviews, I think I narrow the problem to either the 1-2 Solenoif or the TPS.

Any idea guys?