PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

With Deep Snow - Anyone Actually Get Stuck??

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2011, 11:51 AM
Default With Deep Snow - Anyone Actually Get Stuck??

With all the massive snow depths around lately....just curious what it takes to actually get the H3 stuck. I've bounced through some deep drifts here in Michigan but I know the other states are seeing deeper. About how deep if you experienced actually stuck and had to get out and dig etc.? If yes, do you run the stock tires?

Old 02-05-2011, 12:13 PM

Running stock tires and haven't been stuck yet. A couple times have been close in 14"+ stuff in my drive way. I just had to change the 4wd and it went through it barely. Ice has been a lot more difficult lately.

Old 02-05-2011, 09:46 PM

Since I got rid of the stock wranglers, my traction in the snow is great. Got stuck my first year with stock tires in some plow-packed snow. Now it chugs thru pretty well.

Old 02-06-2011, 03:07 PM

Last weekend we did some treking through the woods in Lewiston/Atlanta watching the Sno*Drift Rally and it wasn't even close to "getting stuck" depth Even up a few steep trails. I measured These Duratracs do good work. I tried to get it stuck or high centered in front of my house. It's 35"+ hardpacked plowed snow and I got stuck because traction control kicked in. So.... I turned it off and i crawled right over it. Haha

My friend also showed me how to turn the stability system off. I didn't even know it had stability control but it is very nice to have. It saved my butt a few times. Instant easy donuts when you turn it off too!

Last edited by AutoRoc; 02-06-2011 at 03:19 PM.
Old 02-06-2011, 03:32 PM

And you turn it off how???

Old 02-06-2011, 07:28 PM

You got to hold down the traction control button for about 5 to 10 sec. then it will tell you in your information center that it ts off..

Jeff

Old 02-07-2011, 01:19 AM

In my 3- 08 H3s and 1- 09 H3T you CAN NOT turn off the traction control. You can disable the stability system by holding down the button on the center dash or by switching to 4LO (automaticly turns the stability system off).

If you lightly apply the brakes while moving this will "turn off" the traction control (also called BTM Brake-Throttle-Modulation) until you release the brakes. This works well when you are in mud, snow, etc and you need to spin the tires to either clean out the treads or keep up momentum.

Old 02-07-2011, 01:30 PM

I tried to get stuck. I would go around cars that were stuck in the drifts and purposefully drive in the deepest part of the snow on any road I found myself on. With my 35" duratracs, I didn't come even close to getting stuck. The most trouble I had was getting out of my parking spot that had a 4' snow drift in front it it on Wed morning.

Old 02-07-2011, 07:48 PM

I actually have tried to get stuck! I know...typical right?! but im in snowbelt northeast ohio...stock size 06 h3...not sure how or when i may get stuck but im pretty confident so far!

Old 02-08-2011, 07:53 AM
Default Stuck in Chicago

Chicago had 19 1/2 inches of snow last week with winds clocked at over 60 mph. I park my 2005 H2 in a lot next to my house. After the storm had passed, the high winds had depositied almost 3 feet of snow in our alley. I tried to get out in but the wheels just spun in place and made a nice ice hole. Which of course just made it worse. I tried everything from 4lo, 4hi and turning off the traction control. I didn't lock the hubs but I'm not sure if it would've worked.
I finally had to take a 50lb bag of salt, dump it evenly behind every wheel to get myself unstuck and back into the lot.
I brought my H2 used last year and I'm wondering if new tires would have made a bigger difference? I'm running on 35" Toyo's.

Quick Reply: With Deep Snow - Anyone Actually Get Stuck??