PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Jack Storage Location

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2014, 01:42 PM
Question Jack Storage Location

A bought a 2003 H2 a couple of months ago. The previous owner had both the interior and exterior tire carriers included with the truck but the interior carrier was installed.

My question is now that I have moved the tire to the outside and removed the whole interior carrier where do the jack items go to? Is there some place they mount inside the vehicle out of the way?

I checked the manual and couldn't find anything that was specific about the location.

Thanks so much.

Old 06-23-2014, 08:18 PM

My 2006 H2 has the jack on the driver side behind the second row of seats against the plastic wheel arch. There is a metal clamp it slides onto, then a second strip goes across the front with a thumb screw. If I could figure out how to post pictures I would show you. I also forgot the tools that go along with the jack are under the 2nd row of seats when you pull lower half there is a little pouch under the frame of the seat.

Last edited by Helga She Is Fine; 06-23-2014 at 08:21 PM. Reason: Forgot the Tools
Old 06-23-2014, 09:48 PM

Thanks Helga. I PMed you my email.

Old 06-29-2014, 09:58 AM

Thanks to @Helga She Is Fine for sending me the attached pictures. The following text was also included by her husband.

"One picture is of the jack mounted, another with the jack removed, one of the tools under the seat, and the last of the 2 metal wheel chocks located behind the top of the mount."

Name:  WjDu2Mds.jpg
Views: 312
Size:  503 Bytes
Name:  V5eIAeus.jpg
Views: 310
Name:  QqSQzbFs.jpg
Views: 312
Size:  1.8 KB
Name:  ZXey50Ts.jpg
Views: 308

PS: Click any thumbnail for a larger image.

Last edited by Humdinger2; 06-30-2014 at 07:54 AM. Reason: Image display issues
Old 06-30-2014, 12:05 AM

Woah, I didn't know I was hitched. Helga is the name of my H2. I think it fits her well. Pardon the dirty carpet. I'm having trouble viewing the pictures.

Old 06-30-2014, 07:55 AM

Originally Posted by Helga She Is Fine
Woah, I didn't know I was hitched. Helga is the name of my H2. I think it fits her well. Pardon the dirty carpet. I'm having trouble viewing the pictures.
Haha, sorry about that. I changed image hosting providers. They now load properly.

Last edited by Humdinger2; 06-30-2014 at 07:56 AM. Reason: Spelling errors.
Old 07-03-2014, 09:45 AM

I did not want the jack taking up space either. I popped up the pocket on the drivers side cargo panel. Mounted it in their via a long bolt. Dont just drop in there as cargo sliding around after the jack slides down will crack the panel. Dont ask how I know.

Old 07-04-2014, 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by jmudler
I did not want the jack taking up space either. I popped up the pocket on the drivers side cargo panel. Mounted it in their via a long bolt. Dont just drop in there as cargo sliding around after the jack slides down will crack the panel. Dont ask how I know.
Where exactly are you talking about? Is this in the SUT or the SUV? Please add pictures. It would be cool if I could move the jack, I've had people get upset because they got grease on them while climbing in the back.

Old 07-10-2014, 09:19 AM

I am away from my H2, the picture illustrates the pocket you lift up and you will see some room to tuck the jack. Thinking about it I could have just wrapped it with towel and probably been fine.

Attached Thumbnails Jack Storage Location-untitled.jpg  
Old 07-17-2014, 06:12 PM

I went out and played a bit that pocket. How did you get past the little clips? It looks like 6-10 little clips. I has a pain to get even 4 of them lose, the two on the sides didn't wanna move at all.

Quick Reply: Jack Storage Location