PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Air Ride Issue cycling while idle and rear lower than front

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2012, 10:33 AM
Default Air Ride Issue cycling while idle and rear lower than front

I have an '03 with the air ride that has the air bags replaced and everything has been ok or so it seemed. I've started noticing the compressors cycling on and off while sitting in a drive through. I started paying more attention and discovered the cycle on the ride goes up and it cuts off. A few seconds later you can hear it releasing air for a bit then it goes to the rocking clink sound and stops. A few seconds later you hear the compressor kick in and the same cycle over and over while it just sits there. If I leave it over night it stays at 41 inches from the ground to fender well. The front it sits at 42 inches. Is there some calibration that wasn't done right when the dealer installed the bags that is causing it to loose an inch in the back?

Old 05-03-2012, 07:54 PM
Default air ride problems

Originally Posted by Pauldy
I have an '03 with the air ride that has the air bags replaced and everything has been ok or so it seemed. I've started noticing the compressors cycling on and off while sitting in a drive through. I started paying more attention and discovered the cycle on the ride goes up and it cuts off. A few seconds later you can hear it releasing air for a bit then it goes to the rocking clink sound and stops. A few seconds later you hear the compressor kick in and the same cycle over and over while it just sits there. If I leave it over night it stays at 41 inches from the ground to fender well. The front it sits at 42 inches. Is there some calibration that wasn't done right when the dealer installed the bags that is causing it to loose an inch in the back?

just had the same issue it was the passenger side level sensor replaced it and all is well i have a 2005 h2

Old 05-04-2012, 02:15 PM

Thanks for the reply I'll have it checked out first thing next week.