PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Adding extra A/C Vent/Blower

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2016, 08:06 PM

Great looking interior, and really great idea with the fan.
BUT.................. I wouldnt put too much on those fans staying in the headliner.
I figure they might stay for a while, but some good hard bumps, some four wheeling, or even time and I have a feeling they will come falling down.
Like Cali Phil said, you need something plastic or metal (basically something with more holding power then the headliner)

My suggestion would be to put a piece of plastic or metal stretched across the mounting area on the back side of the headliner. This way it is something more substantial for the screws to grab into and it sandwiches the headliner between the fan and the substance you choose to mount on its backside.

just a suggestion
Hope this helps

Old 04-16-2017, 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by jsbihn
Great looking interior, and really great idea with the fan.
BUT.................. I wouldnt put too much on those fans staying in the headliner.
I figure they might stay for a while, but some good hard bumps, some four wheeling, or even time and I have a feeling they will come falling down.
Like Cali Phil said, you need something plastic or metal (basically something with more holding power then the headliner)

My suggestion would be to put a piece of plastic or metal stretched across the mounting area on the back side of the headliner. This way it is something more substantial for the screws to grab into and it sandwiches the headliner between the fan and the substance you choose to mount on its backside.

just a suggestion
Hope this helps
Hi and YA thanks... No often offroadin but will consider to mount it as u said. Thanks for the feedback.

Old 04-19-2017, 01:37 PM

im going to look into doing a conversion sometime this summer. Was about to pull the trigger on an 08 but at the end of the day all i really wanted was the additional ac system for 2nd and third row and the newer gauges. Decided i can probably address both of those for quite a bit less than buying an 08.

Old 04-21-2017, 04:45 AM

Originally Posted by coldhammer
im going to look into doing a conversion sometime this summer. Was about to pull the trigger on an 08 but at the end of the day all i really wanted was the additional ac system for 2nd and third row and the newer gauges. Decided i can probably address both of those for quite a bit less than buying an 08.
wow... really look into ur upcoming build. keep us at ur sight...