PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DOH! Who has a extra black tow hook?

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2007, 12:17 PM
Default DOH! Who has a extra black tow hook?

Well I done up went and did it. Backed into another car. It was a matter of time really since we all know how great our view out the back is.
I prettty much destroyed the front quarter panel of a Ford Taurus. His driver side front quarter panel to my passenger side rear bumper.Unfortunately, it put a little scrape on my tow hook and the metal lower bumper. The damage on mine is hardly noticeable but it bothers me that I have damage and striping and its not from the trail. I was thinking I could just replace the tow hook and the bumper seems to be ok once I buff all his paint off it.
Any of you guys who swapped to chrome tow hooks still have a black one('06)laying around you'd be willing to part with?

Also,does anybodyknow how insurance works on a situation like that in Michigan? I'm proud to say this is the first time I've hit a parked car...or any car for that matter..should I expect my insurance/me to pay for his damage or is it all on him?

Old 09-03-2007, 02:37 PM
Default RE: DOH! Who has a extra black tow hook?

your insurance will pay for it since you hittheir parked car, hopefully your rates wont go up since they keep track of your incidents. (unless you decide to repair their damage without contacting your insurance)

Old 09-03-2007, 06:22 PM

WOW SORRY TO HEAR THAT..HOPE THINGS WORK OUT FOR YOU.

Old 09-03-2007, 06:37 PM

Sorry to hear about your damaged tow hook. Get a backup cam so it don't happen again!

Old 09-03-2007, 06:38 PM

Ghostrider. Email me a gapdonzi@comcast.net. You pay the shipping and I will send you one.

Old 09-03-2007, 06:44 PM

sanded down repaint it and put it on the back bumper.

Old 09-03-2007, 09:00 PM

ORIGINAL: Camou2

Ghostrider. Email me a gapdonzi@comcast.net. You pay the shipping and I will send you one.
Thanks Camou2! check your mail!

Old 09-03-2007, 09:03 PM

ORIGINAL: ghettoct

your insurance will pay for it since you hittheir parked car, hopefully your rates wont go up since they keep track of your incidents. (unless you decide to repair their damage without contacting your insurance)
thats kind of what I thought but since we are a no-fault state, I also heard that means the claim must be submitted to the policy of the car getting the repair. they also are not allowed to sue for the deductible. So each policy holder is only responsible for thier damage. If I have no damage, I'm off free and clear. Of course I would offer to pay the deductible since Im a considerate person but I am not obligated by law to do so.

Old 09-04-2007, 08:28 AM
Super Moderator

The Owner of the Tauras can bring a claim against you for his first $500.00 of uninsured loss (deductible up to $500.00) assuming both of you were insured and the Taurus was legally parked. Commonly called a "mini tort."
500.3135 Tort liability for noneconomic loss; action for damages pursuant to subsection (1); abolition of tort liability; exceptions; action for damages pursuant to subsection (3)(d)

(e) Damages up to $500.00 to motor vehicles, to the extent that the damages are not covered by insurance. An action for damages pursuant to this subdivision shall be conducted in compliance with subsection (4).
(4) In an action for damages pursuant to subsection (3)(e):
(a) Damages shall be assessed on the basis of comparative fault, except that damages shall not be assessed in favor of a party who is more than 50% at fault.
(b) Liability shall not be a component of residual liability, as prescribed in section 3131, for which maintenance of security is required by this act.
(5) Actions under subsection (3)(e) shall be commenced, whenever legally possible, in the small claims division of the district court or the municipal court. If the defendant or plaintiff removes the action to a higher court and does not prevail, the judge may assess costs.
(6) A decision of a court made pursuant to subsection (3)(e) is not res judicata in any proceeding to determine any other liability arising from the same circumstances as gave rise to the action brought pursuant to subsection (3)(e).

Old 09-04-2007, 08:39 AM

ORIGINAL: HUMMER DRIVER

Sorry to hear about your damaged tow hook. Get a backup cam so it don't happen again!
My wife has drivin my rig once, and she used the backup cam to watch herself back up into a parked BMW

Quick Reply: DOH! Who has a extra black tow hook?