PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lights suggestios

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2017, 07:24 AM
Default Lights suggestios

Hey, I am looking to upgrade my lights and I'm doubting of what is the best choice. Someone suggested me using HID lights is better than the others. He gave me this site xenonpro for me to buy. Has someone have other suggestions which you think is better?

Old 10-27-2017, 03:43 PM

Nowadays, for certain applications HID is not always the best choice. For 7" round headlights like ours I'm not aware of any HID ones that are true purpose built USDOT stamped lights. There have been some that have been custom done that do have a true proper cutoff but many just stick HID bulbs in housings not intended for them and while bright they just blind the crap out of everyone else and have a terrible beam pattern.

I've never tried any of the LED bulbs personally so I dont know how those really do. For 7" round headlights there are tons of them out there. Some good, some awful, some excellent. There are a few name brand ones and a few others that really stand out though. Search on here and dare I say it, one of the Jeep forums. Hey, I also have a TJ and lets be honest, not as many people nowadays modding Hummers and Jeeps have been running 7" round headlights since forever. So for headlights in particular those guys have pretty much tried them all.