PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Driving lights not coming on with the lights

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2007, 03:43 PM
Default Driving lights not coming on with the lights

How do I turn on and off the driving lights on my 03 h2? If I turn on the parking lights the driving lights go off, they only work as DRL's. How can I over ride and control them myself?

Old 08-15-2007, 05:17 PM
Default RE: Driving lights not coming on with the lights

there's a thread on here explaining how to do it, with pics. basically by adding a diode in the fuse box between the parking lights and drls will keep the drls on all the time. just put the diode in so current only flows from the parking lights to the drls. you can run straight wire, but that will have your parking lights on when the drls are on and you'll look stupid. do a search, you should be able to find the original thread.

Old 08-15-2007, 05:20 PM
Super Moderator

and technically they are not driving lights.... they are daytime running lights.... it's nota 55watt H3 bulb in there.... they have almost as much light output as a blinker...

Old 08-15-2007, 06:04 PM

ORIGINAL: pmalla5

yo man easier way than diode and stuff to get full function that you can use them during the day as drl's and together with ur headlights you connect then to the orange hazard lights ( boxes to the side of the headlight) this way if you would accidentaly blow a fuse you lose your drls adn hazard light on a small 15 amp fuse instead of losing your head lights which you could get a ticket plus the fuse for head lights is a speacial order or you have to buy them at hummer.

wat you do is take out the small fuse in your engion comparment bow marked for your drls not fog lamp that is a useless fuse.

then you cut your wires leading to your drl's reasonbly that you can connect some more wire without hassel of sticking your hands in that tight spot. after that you connecthe wire to your hazard light (the shrink wrap it or electrical tape and your good to go)

oh just tuck away the wire left behind from ur drls that was leading to them that you cut so if in the future you want to restore it its there and tape the fuse that you took out to the inside of your box.

__________________________________________________ _____

that was the way i did it and the way i trust it to work properly but you can also connect a diode between the hazard marker lights and the drls. if you do this during the day you can turn on your drls adn at night both will turn on, but to turn on during the day you flip the light switch up one to the picture of two lights opposite eachother.

but you do what you want i know this way works cause i did it plus i highly dont!!! recomend the diode to ur head lights in case you do something wrong and you blow that big fuse which u can get a ticket at night for having no lights till you replace thiat, this ur safe even if you blow a fuse cause its not ur head lights!!

this is how mine looks at night !!!

[IMG]local://upfiles/2599/CDE31F6DCE91494AAFA34C4D50499025.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/2599/473D18A5674945FEBA6FC8A45BA052BB.jpg[/IMG]
https://www.hummerforums.com/m_8116/tm.htm

Old 08-15-2007, 06:06 PM

the other way that i guess works because some people did it is hummbob's idea easier i guess but dont connect the diode to the head light fuse, in case something happens you dont want to lose your head lights, they have a strange fuse.

ORIGINAL: HummBob

Step 1: get some 20g wire, a 200v 1amp diode (Radio shack PN: 276-1102)

Step 2: Install the diode inbetween a line of wire. Or better put, get two pieces or wire and wire on to each side of the diode. You can solder it or wrap the wire around the diode wire and tape it up with electrical tape (NOT RECOMMEND, you should solder it)

Step 3: Remove the Prk fuse 10amp and the drl fuse 10amp.

Step 4: lift the park relay and drl relay and place the wire/diode ends (exposed wire) into the specific slots in the relay. 86/85 respectivily. Make sure the little grey strip, the cathode side, is point towards the PRK RELAY 86. Also make sure the diodes wires arent exposed and not grounding on anything.

Step 5: Replace the relays in their specific slots. Make sure to line them up correctly; they got numbers next to the contact points on the bottom so its really easy no to mess this up.

Step 6: Replace the fuses.

Step 7: Enjoy!!

Old 08-15-2007, 06:08 PM

Oh and one more thing use the PIAA 3157's instead of the CRAPPY OEM bulb!! better light and it looks nice

Old 08-16-2007, 03:24 AM

ORIGINAL: pmalla5

Oh and one more thing use the PIAA 3157's instead of the CRAPPY OEM bulb!! better light and it looks nice
Me too!! They have a cool blue that go with my HID's. Only problem is the PIAA 3157's seem to BURN OUT way quicker than the OEM ones, so I but a bunch at a time on eBay!!!Name:  thumbsup.gif
Views: 1069
Size:  3.2 KB

Old 08-16-2007, 01:41 PM

[8D] Thanks for the help man, I plan on knocking this out this weekend.

Old 08-17-2007, 03:30 AM

It's a COOL and EASY MOD!!!! Even for ME!!!![8D]