PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need a pass. rear door pocket or panel.

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2008, 02:25 PM
Default Need a pass. rear door pocket or panel.

I have a 2003 h2 with the "ebony" (i.e. charcoal) colored interior panels. The rear passenger side door pocket has snapped off, and is M.I.A., so I am going to try to replace the pocket. Of course, GM does not sell just the pocket, so I would like to buy one from anyone that has a useable part. Or if anyone has a door panel in this color that is in good condition, I would be interested in purchasing it. Thanks

Derek

Old 01-16-2008, 07:56 PM
Default RE: Need a pass. rear door pocket or panel.

I just double checked for you and you are correct. It cannot be purchased separately from the door panel. You may want to keep posting her about it and try and find a salvage yard.

Old 01-16-2008, 10:31 PM

Salvage yard or keep checking eBay, I bought 2 Ebony interior panels there for CHEAP!!

Old 02-06-2008, 06:40 PM

Hello Friend, It seems that this snapping off of the door pocket is a common problem.
I've noticed that as passengers step off the vehicle, occasionally their is a tendancy to tap with the feet the door pocket. These door pockets were designed too large or pertruding to far out. And sometimes interfere with the stepping off of the vehicle unless the door is open all the way outward. When I purchased my vehicle I noticed that the right rear passenger door pocket was missing. Obviously it had been snapped off as well. I contacted Hummer parts dept. in my area for a replacement pocket. And sure enough, I was told that I would have to purchase a whole door panel at the tune of $600. So I got a little creative and went to the local bargain store in my area and purchased 2 "drawer organizer" bins made by "Rubbermaid". www.rubbermaid.com One measures 9x3x2, Part #L3-2915-P2-WHT and the other measures 3x3x2, Part #L3-2919-P2-WHT. I made 6 small holes on the side of the larger bin and 4 small holes on the side of the smaller bin. I then removed the door panel being extremly careful not to break the door panel at the hold down points. I placed the bins where the pocket was sitting, one on each side of the pocket divider and slightly above the floor level of the truck, lined up the holes, marked on the panel with a marker where the holes are, I then drilled 10 small holes on the panel on my marks. After painting the bins with spray paint, I then fastened the bins to the panel with plastic tie-wraps. PERFECT! The door closes fine with no interference and I have useful pockets on this door panel again. If you would like a photo, I can send one. A picture is worth a thousand words.