Private 'Wanted' Classifieds Looking for something? Tell us!

LF: H2 SUT in North TExas

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2012, 08:40 PM
Default LF: H2 SUT in North TExas

Hello!
I am in the market for my first Hummer - please contact me via PM
I am looking for any condition H2 SUT.
Thanks!
tegu

Old 02-21-2012, 10:45 PM

I'd advise to start looking at Auto Trader dot com and get a feel for prices and how much HUMMER you can get for your money.
I'd also recommend finding an H2 to test drive if you haven't already so you have a feel for what you are getting into. Even if you find a wagon to test, it's better than going in blind.
Also post up any questions you might have here on the forums and you'll be bombarded with lots of different opinions on things you might not have considered.
Also, since finding the right HUMMER for you might not be available around your area, you may consider buying one and having it shipped. Though with this, you'd need to trust the seller or visit and get a look first.
I bought my deuce from a dealer in Colorado, I was living in Utah at the time, so I had the dealer send all kinds of pictures and I asked all kinds of questions. It cost $600 to have the 2 delivered and pick up my trade, an H3. It worked out very well and I was knocked out at how nice of a truck we ended up getting, it was beautiful!
Good luck on your search--knowledge is power.

Old 02-22-2012, 08:55 AM

Originally Posted by twinmill28
I'd advise to start looking at Auto Trader dot com and get a feel for prices and how much HUMMER you can get for your money.
I'd also recommend finding an H2 to test drive if you haven't already so you have a feel for what you are getting into. Even if you find a wagon to test, it's better than going in blind.
Also post up any questions you might have here on the forums and you'll be bombarded with lots of different opinions on things you might not have considered.
Also, since finding the right HUMMER for you might not be available around your area, you may consider buying one and having it shipped. Though with this, you'd need to trust the seller or visit and get a look first.
I bought my deuce from a dealer in Colorado, I was living in Utah at the time, so I had the dealer send all kinds of pictures and I asked all kinds of questions. It cost $600 to have the 2 delivered and pick up my trade, an H3. It worked out very well and I was knocked out at how nice of a truck we ended up getting, it was beautiful!
Good luck on your search--knowledge is power.
You sir are a godsend, thanks for your help!

Since it is no longer a new car - I was wondering if you could tell me where n how you got to test drive some?
Thanks!
tegu

Old 02-22-2012, 12:16 PM

I initially started looking at used H2's not sure if I really wanted one and decided to test drive a used one in Salt Lake City, about a 45 minute drive from my house. I was in the area at the time and had some time to burn, so I decided to go look at one that was advertised for a fair price.
I was kind of uncertain about getting a 2 after the test drive, it was so completely different from my H3, so I wanted to think about it for the night since I needed to trade the 3 to make it happen, plus I had ALOT of parts (tires, GOBI rack, winch & bumper etc.) that needed to come off before I would trade. That 2 also had 20 inch wheels, which looked great, but needed tires immediately, and I knew putting on 20 inch tires would be an expensive purchase right after buying the 2.
I went home and later that night starting prepping the 3 for trade. When I called the dealer at 10 am the next morning, he said the guy that he'd told me about who wanted to trade his brand new, less than 5K mile Rubicon had gone in and done it that morning! The Rubicon owner had bought it fully loaded with nav and power windows, in addition to putting aftermarket wheels and tires and a 2" lift. He had to have lost his butt in the trade, but he realized how much better the 2 was for his needs and took the loss.
I'd been bitten, and NEEDED to have an H2. It was just that nice of a truck, so the hunt was on. I spent alot of days off looking for any H2 I could find, and driving any that may have interested me. I expanded my search to Auto Trader after awhile, as I knew exactly what I wanted--a white 2 with air suspension and tan interior. I also narrowed it down to a late '06 or '07 model so I could have some warranty as a cushion.
So as I said, spend some time doing research so you know what you want and what you can afford--the 08-09 models got upgraded interiors, bigger engine and 6 speed trans. so that is another consideration.
Hope this helps your hunt----

Last edited by twinmill28; 02-22-2012 at 12:25 PM.
Old 02-24-2012, 11:55 AM

Forgot to mention using Car Max if you have one in your area. You can check for HUMMER's on their website, and if it is out of area, they can bring it in for you at a fair charge.
They will also give you a free appraisal to either trade or sell your existing vehicle with no BS and no strings.
I worked with one of their guys, who even offered to look at any H2 I considered buying if I brought it in, even if it wasn't one of theirs. He explained all the training they get in appraising cars, that it's very in depth and they can find repair work that mostly nobody else could find. I highly recommend working with the Car Max folks.