PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

North Korea Tested Nuke Underground

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2006, 10:29 AM
Super Moderator
Default North Korea Tested Nuke Underground

This is just in case there is anybody out there that hasn't heard the news yet:

http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/asiapc...est/index.html

The good news is that all of the countries that were hesitant on supporting the U.S. being too aggressive with North Korea have now condemned their actions and demanded we do something about it now. Maybe there is still hope for this world after all.

Old 10-09-2006, 11:33 AM
Default RE: North Korea Tested Nuke Underground

i once overheard two tired old men sitting and having ac up of coffee. one was freaking out about liberals and welfare and crime and typical he!! in a handbasket things.

the other one finally said "don't worry about it. once the ghetto moves into Ted Kennedy's neighborhood and he has to deal with it, he'll turn republican overnight"

So it will be with the world. If anyone is threatened they'll come crying to us, and then they'll pout and stomp when they aren't worried about anything.

Old 10-09-2006, 11:43 PM

Hasn't that always been the case..We're the bad guys and the aggressor when it dosn't involve them to any major extent...WWII is a pefect example of the lack of gratitude a lot of the European countries have towards the US.

Oh ****, I can't get started on this crap now...I will leave it up to Japan and China and Russia to clean up their own bad neighbors...Time for the US to flip them the bird on this one.

Old 10-09-2006, 11:44 PM

One more thing..

Why don't we just send in the UNIT....Problem solved!

Old 10-10-2006, 02:57 AM
Jmm

ORIGINAL: Dennis

Hasn't that always been the case..We're the bad guys and the aggressor when it dosn't involve them to any major extent...WWII is a pefect example of the lack of gratitude a lot of the European countries have towards the US.

Oh ****, I can't get started on this crap now...I will leave it up to Japan and China and Russia to clean up their own bad neighbors...Time for the US to flip them the bird on this one.
Dennis,
I think you guys are becoming paranoïd about Europe.

first of all, our friendship and mutual support goes a veeeeery long way since Lafayette helped Washington to found what is today the USA.

second, most europeans like and admire America for its achievement in a number of fields.

third, we are very much interconnected as far corporations, finances and research is concerned.
(Hell, Jaguar belongs to Ford and Jeep to Daimler Benz!)

all in all, I fail to see any major disagreement between our people.

What you are just underestimating is the political mess Europe is into for now. EEC is now a patchwork of 25 countries, nearly 400 millions people!!!

the total EEC budget is abt twice as big as the USA budget, and any, I mean ANY, decision is now taken or discussed in Bruxelle (EEC Headquarters) by the European parliament.

so you can easily imagine, 450 law makers coming from countries as different as, denmark, poland, romania, greece, portugal or gemany and any of them whith their own political agenda.

its the USA of europe ( Useless Senseless Absurd)

Lately, as you might know, we (EECcountries) fail to accept our new European constitution.
If you look at it we are like he headless giant messing around without proper control.

apart of that, the various disagreements in between France (and not Europe!) and the US are mainly existing because both of our president, Bush and Chirac, are essentially megalomaniacs ********.
but
make no mistake, if something very wrong happens someday, like china and russia banding together, we Europeans and you Americans will always stand together to fight.

so... lets assume that we are a very close family and that, like in any family, we have some issue to adress and some internal fights to invent when everything goes well around us.
but we are still a very powerfull and dangerous family if anyone try to mess with any of our member. ( sound like a mafia talk!).[sm=closed.gif]

let's go back to our H3 is more interesting for now.[sm=trust_me.gif]

(sorry for the broken english).

Old 10-10-2006, 09:54 AM

Actually...That was Well said and I agree brother![sm=smiley20.gif]

And we owe France a little thank you too...(Merci beaucoup)

Old 10-10-2006, 11:27 AM
Super Moderator

Here Here Jmm.

Here is my take on the situation:

I don't by any means think we, being the U.S., is always right about things (obviously we can't say that with all of those WMD weapons we found ), but, we warned the entire world what, a year ago maybe, that if we don't do something NOW, they will evolve into having nukes, and everybody said we were paranoid and too aggressive. So everybody sat back for a year and talked, and talked, and TALKED and TALKED and to what avail, absolutely nothing. All that TALK everybody in the world was doing was just allowing more time for North Korea to not only develop a functioning nuclear warhead, but a new missle that can reach all the way to Chicago. So not only do they have nukes now, but they have the means to reach almost anywhere in the world. We have a buffer, being the ocean, where in theory, they can be intercepted before they get close, but what about Russia, Europe, China, Etc. They are the ones that have to worry the most. While Bush and Blair were out there trying to convince everybody we need to stop them, the rest of the world was like, eh, let's just talk about it.

Well, now we have a aggressive militant country with nukes that can reach almost anywhere in the world. This is what ALL of the TALK got us. I may not support every military decision the U.S. makes, but they were right from the beginning, that we can't wait and need to do something now. Now, it's too late. They obviously are not afraid of any sanctions, because they are so pridefull, they would rather die in honor then live in poverty. That is how they think. You are not going to change their religious and personal beliefs by imposing sanctions. Anybody that thinks that will work has their head up their ***, excuse the language. For once, I think Bush was right, as we should have went there, or at least tried, and did something about it. I am totally against war and violence to solve anything, but considering who we are dealing with, they don't care what we do. They are going to do whatever they can to preserve their pride, and if that means launching a nuke to scare the world, guess what, they will do it, and anybody out there that is nieve enough to think they won't better think again. We need to get in there NOW and stop them. We waited before, and look where it got us. Is it going to take a country to get nuked for us to do something? It sure seems like that's where we are headed.

Now, forgetting about all that, I should get my newly tuned PCM next week. WOOHOO Then I will have such a finely-tuned vehicle, I can literally drive on water to North Korea and destroy the nukes myself......

Unless, the new theory that the nuke test was actually tons and tons of dynamite and explosives made to fool us into thinking it was a nuke is true, in which case I'll just stay here

Jmm: Your 4 dictionaries are working quite well for you

Old 10-10-2006, 02:52 PM
Jmm

Okay HG if you want to dig deeper, let's dig!

so, now after being paranoïd abt how much we dislike America you'r looking for the nearest atomic shelter just in case the damn' NK start lobbing nukes every where[].

relax, it's NOT going to happen.[sm=nono.gif]

look to the big picture here.Since decades everybody despise the NK regime- except PRC that is-
Since the Korea war, America and its allies - including us- is rattling it's saber and expect something terrible to happen either between SK and NK or between NK and some other asian country.

then, of course, things have changed. PRC became CLINTON best buddies, they starded entering the world financial game - big way- and every company CEO on the planet his having wet dreams about having a small chunk of the Chinese market.

after '91 and what happened in germany a lot of very 'expert' people- both side of the pond- expected that the same 'happy ending' story will happen in Korea.

except that the South Korean have followed closely what has happen financially in WG after '91 and have suddently realized that they where not, by far, having the ressources to do it.

During the very same decade, they started supporting financially and humanitary NK....with the blessing of both America and Europe.
this was America and Europe first move toward kissing the *** of the chinese regime.[sm=sigh.gif]

both of us - USA and EEC- have ever since that period given China free hands and have accepted that NK was a PRC problem.

since now 3/4 years, PRC is creating its a ' good boy' image of itself (we have suddenly forgotten Tien An Men) and cannot afford to play 'loose cannon' again.
financial markets hates that!

BUT, they still have one rogue country they can play with and that is... NK.[sm=lildevil.gif]

problem is, they don't control it 100% and their 'allied' the monkey faced President of NK wants to play hardball from time to time.

thus, the nuke.[sm=smiley34.gif]

what we have seen is a clear and present failure of the Chinese diplomacy.

no risks there, they will use the worldwide common fear factor to get more money and more food wich will certainly be given directly by China with American and European money coming through the Back door.

they-PRC- also might use NK new global strenght to oblige the USA to increase their state of readiness in the region.

Never forget that RC - republic of China Taiwan- is american best asset in the area and that their US $ reserves are abt twice as big as the PRC/HK.

what if, just if, NK start a crisis with Taiwan. baaad for us ......very good for china.

all this is REALPOLITIK at the extreme.

but is just about money and political influence...... not war.

last but not a bit least, they do not have the vector to lob accuratly a nuke from pyong yang to Seoul .....let alone America or Europe + exploding an A bomb is something designing a warehead for it and fitting it at the business end of a missile is a totally another ball game altogether

so, I really do believe that both of us can enjoy our HUMMER and let our masters play with our money and their egotrip at a planetary level without too much concern.

friendly yours
Jean-Michel.

Old 10-10-2006, 03:28 PM
Super Moderator

I was too young in the early 90's to understand how the business world works, but being at this lawfirm I work at for the past almost 10 years, I started to learn the "real" world and how everything in this world is about money. It's unfortunate, but true, so I'm glad you told me all this because it gives me a new perspective on things.

Alot of what I said was just playing Devil's Advocate in a way, but I also think that if our satellites detected a heat signature of a nuclear missle getting prepped for launch, we would have thing destroyed before it even fired it's thrusters!. I see thing from time to time differently, but you are right. You have a GREAT advantage over there because we don't see half of what you guys get to see unless we tune into the BBC news! Otherwise, we get fed the same crap on every news channel.

Don't you guys find it odd about how people talked about that hijacked plane in Greece or whatever it was last week and people just kinda forgot about it? Oh well. Who cares if a plane was hi-jacked in mid-air. No big deal to us I guess [&o]

Anyway, Thanks for the insight. I guess I still have alot MORE to learn about the world, being the boyish 30 that I am

Old 10-10-2006, 03:56 PM
Jmm

hey! you know now how pedantic the french can be!!!

by the way what I wrote was no delirious bull****, I have a MBA and a Phd in political sciences and I was the CEO ,and founder for that matter, of a company having major interests in far east.

I sold the company 2 years ago to an .....american pension funds.

and by the way I am 51. and my wife is a lawyer(very bad news! believe me)

Quick Reply: North Korea Tested Nuke Underground