PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Your opinion

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2010, 12:38 PM

Thanks scv i have the same perspective in regards to keeping the mods minimal, performance wise- aside from it gettin exspensive. I think ill just add a volant intake and leave it at that. Cause adding performance just temps you to drive faster and harder - my buddy has a lux 06 sut on some 28's has exahust and intake and i believe he did a little more and he beats that thing into the ground!!

And im talkin about in the city, id understand if he went offroadin but he races like hes in a honda i would definatly not buy that truck from him even though it only has 40k, the wear in driving hard has it realistically @ 80k.

with that said ill just keep er simple - that has always been my standpoint, but since i hit a 100k i just wanted to ensure as much life as i can.

around here its roughly 10 cents more a gallon and at 25 gallons thats only 2.50 cents more and at 20 cents its only 5 bux ;we spend that on a redbull

and stace thx 4 the input im a lil leary of ebay- but maybe cause i dont use it- ill take a look-

The thing i hate is theres always someone out there trying to pull a fast one even on my local craigslist- so anoying why cant ppl just go get money the rite way- its not if ya got half a brain!

BTW NICE TRUCK SCV- DOES IT HAVE EBONY OR WHEAT

whatever i get next has to have ebony for some weird reason that black just sets the interior off to me-

let me see if i can attach a pic of mine

what the--how do you add a pik- url of image??? figured it would browse my images - oh well or am i not privelaged enough on this forum yet

Last edited by GRILLSMASHER; 06-18-2010 at 12:44 PM.
Old 06-18-2010, 01:22 PM

Just before giving my two week notice at the dealership where I'd worked for the better part of the last ten years, the new management they brought in had us systematically go through all of our storage areas and through out all the New and Used OEM take-off Hummer H1, H2 and H3 parts.

By "Through Out" I mean they wanted us to throw it in the trash. We had every Hummer OEM part you could imagine that was taken off in order to replace with aftermarket parts.

I was able to get permission to take a hand full of those parts home with me but, if you could see some of the stuff they had us throw away it would have made you sick to your stomach.

An uneducated guess at the estimated value of the OEM Hummer stuff they had us throw in the trash would be in the multiple, multiple thousands of dollars.

The irony of all of this was that as soon as we threw it out, a customers would come in asking for those very parts. Not only that but, these managers would ****-N-moan whenever one of the minimum wage workers would accidently clock a few minutes of overtime. Then they'd turn right around and throw thousands of dollars worth of OEM part in the trash. There's just no figuring some people.

This was just one of the many, many reasons I decided to go back into self employment.
I've actually been using my online auction account to sell most of the OEM parts I was able to get permission to take home.

Just as a cheezy self-serving side note: I have one of those items listed for sale in the classified's part of this forum site.

Upholstryguy