PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Wrangler vs the HX

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2008, 02:59 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Wrangler vs the HX

ORIGINAL: Hummer Guy

After sitting in the HX today...I want one!
ALWAYS gotta come here and brag, don't ya?

I think when we take our road trip in May, we are going to stop by and say hi, since we will be driving through Texas and all

I want to sit in one too! lol

Old 01-14-2008, 03:05 PM

ORIGINAL: Trey124

ORIGINAL: HummerGuy

I think the Hummer aftermarket world has a ways to go before it catches up with Jeep. Most of the aftermarket stuff for Hummer is all cosmetic, whereas most of what I see for Jeep is all mechanical upgrades. I'm no expert, but even though the Hummers can take a beating, I still think Jeep is going to be ahead for a long time as far as capabilities, but that's just my opinion.
Maybe all that mechanical Heep stuff is being sold because you need it. Hummers stock are top of their class. Don't have to run out and buy any upgrades for it.
WOw...you sound like the flyer at the dealership

Old 01-14-2008, 05:21 PM

ORIGINAL: Trey124

ORIGINAL: HummerGuy

I think the Hummer aftermarket world has a ways to go before it catches up with Jeep. Most of the aftermarket stuff for Hummer is all cosmetic, whereas most of what I see for Jeep is all mechanical upgrades. I'm no expert, but even though the Hummers can take a beating, I still think Jeep is going to be ahead for a long time as far as capabilities, but that's just my opinion.
Maybe all that mechanical Heep stuff is being sold because you need it. Hummers stock are top of their class. Don't have to run out and buy any upgrades for it.
Good lord, This is like comparing the Army and the Marines. We are both great at we do, we just have slight differences in our missions. The Marines almost have it right, give it some time and they will catch up[sm=smiley2.gif]All I'm saying is that the H3 is fairly new, Jeep has been around longer than most of us on this forum, probably all of us. You aren't going to come onto the scene and take over over night. I LOVE my 3! and in some ways I don't think that you can touch it. They just need to fine tune alittle more. Obviously I think that overall it is better for me, I bought 2 of them. Now start comparing the H1 with the Rubi. Besides, it's just sibling rivilary. Both are great. But I will talk trash about my 3 being better, I have too. Just like the Buckeyes are still #1 to me

Old 01-14-2008, 10:51 PM

I love it[sm=smiley20.gif][sm=smiley20.gif] . I can see me owning this one. Does anyone know when the anticipated production date is?

Old 01-14-2008, 11:05 PM

Would like to have that for an hour or 2 to rock crawl it to see what its really made of...hehe
Wonder if Hummer needs a test driver...........

[IMG]local://upfiles/2323/EA7154AAE1484AE5A8433895454E6F3B.jpg[/IMG]

Old 01-14-2008, 11:18 PM
Super Moderator

Loved my Jeeps. Love my Hummers. It is like trying to decide whether you like blondes or brunettes best. They are both great,bothdifferent but essentially serve the same purpose.

Old 01-14-2008, 11:18 PM
Super Moderator

Didn't mean that to sound quite as bad as it did upon rereading it.

Old 01-15-2008, 07:07 AM

Impy, in the end we both wind up paying about the same for getting a vehicle to drive off road. Hummers just have it all in one package price up front, where as Jeep you got add on what you need. They all started as AM Gens. so it's all in good fun.

Old 01-17-2008, 12:01 AM

We always welcome guests at our dealership - or as we call it in January and February,the museum (good looking place with no visitors...)

Old 01-19-2008, 10:03 AM

Have a look at this video!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUvW-Bybpto
the hood vent adjusts to the RMP
this thing alsohas a on-board video camera, the HX is just to cool!!!!

Quick Reply: Wrangler vs the HX