PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Wiper Problem

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2012, 07:48 AM
Default Wiper Problem

I have a 2006 Hummer H3 and the passenger side wiper won't work. After taking the wiper section apart the problem is the bushing on the passenger side wiper broke and the wiper is no longer connected to the motor. My question is, can I just replace the bushing or do I need to buy the whole wiper assembly?

Thanks

Old 02-16-2015, 05:14 PM

I have a 2008 Hummer H3.. The wipers will go up, won't go back down.. You shove them down, turn the switch on they go back up but won't go back down.. All the fuzes are good all relays are good.. Any ideas on what the problem is? Motor bad? Switch bad?

Old 02-16-2015, 06:26 PM

I had a similar problem and finally replaced the wiper motor. Set me back $200 bones no kidding! The veteran user Tainter knows a lot about our Hummers but unless he likes you or you kiss his back side, he won't respond. Lets hope more old timers chime in and offer some guidance or feedback. Problem is the H3 is no longer mass produced so it's hard to get any help. Good luck to you both.

Old 02-16-2015, 07:23 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Mark Karickhoff
I have a 2008 Hummer H3.. The wipers will go up, won't go back down.. You shove them down, turn the switch on they go back up but won't go back down.. All the fuzes are good all relays are good.. Any ideas on what the problem is? Motor bad? Switch bad?
Welcome. I do not have any idea why you would dig up a 2.5 year OLD thread to ask your question??? Always look at the date of the thread before you post.

Any ways, sounds like you have a bad wiper transmission, like from using wipers to move snow or when iced to the windshield. The motor will come on, make some noise, one or both wipers may move, but the wipers do not cycle. #19 in the drawing. ACDelco #10389559

Old 05-03-2019, 02:52 PM

Quite old thread here but going to open it back up... I have a 2006 H3 needing a Windshield Wiper Linkage Bushing. Yes the little cap. Has anyone been able to find one online or at the very least come across a similar replacement from Dorman or another? I really would hate to think I have to drop $200 on the entire unit when I only need the $5 cap

Old 05-03-2019, 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by Brian Volinsky
Quite old thread here but going to open it back up... I have a 2006 H3 needing a Windshield Wiper Linkage Bushing. Yes the little cap. Has anyone been able to find one online or at the very least come across a similar replacement from Dorman or another? I really would hate to think I have to drop $200 on the entire unit when I only need the $5 cap
Why spend the time to replace a bushing when you damaged the transmission? I can save you $5, and you do not have to drop $200.00

Amazon Amazon

Old 05-03-2019, 04:07 PM

So I need the $59 dollar linkage? Only the passenger wiper is not working. Drivers side works just great. I think I might want to try the bushing and see how long it lasts before actually needing a whole unit no?

Old 05-03-2019, 04:20 PM

So I need the $59 dollar linkage? Only the passenger wiper is not working. Drivers side works just great. I think I might want to try the bushing and see how long it lasts before actually needing a whole unit no?
Live and learn. I still have the original wiper motor & transmission and never had a problem. I've replaced numerous wiper transmissions and always found them bent/distorted due to user error(running wipers on a dry windshield, or having wipers on, when you start up and they are frozen to the windshield).

Old 05-03-2019, 04:37 PM

Gotcha... in this case my wife turned on wiper motors and heard a pop and turned them off and we took it to our repair guys who found the broken grommet/bushing. Nothing bent or twisted. Just need the bushing to hold itself to the arm. Can't find it or a part number. Don't know if I can use an H2 bushing.

Old 05-03-2019, 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by hummerz
Live and learn.
Gotcha... in this case my wife turned on wiper motors and heard a pop and turned them off and we took it to our repair guys who found the broken grommet/bushing. Nothing bent or twisted. Just need the bushing to hold itself to the arm. Can't find it or a part number. Don't know if I can use an H2 bushing.
Find new "repair guys".

Last edited by hummerz; 05-03-2019 at 06:38 PM.

Quick Reply: Wiper Problem