PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Will you turn in your Hummer for a Gov't voucher?

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2009, 05:57 PM
Default Will you turn in your Hummer for a Gov't voucher?

BO is pushing legislation that will make it illegal to sell your SUV/Hummer to a private party. It will have to be turned in to a government facility in return for a voucher that either can be used toward a "green" vehicle, or public transportation tokens.
I would encourage you all to write your congressmen and senators to voice your opposition to this left wing power grab.
I encourage anyone reading this to seek out one of the Tea Party's coming up April 15th in your community and join the forces of people opposing the "change" we're seeing by this idiot in the white house.

Old 03-30-2009, 07:18 PM

Holy SHlT!!!!!

That's CrAzY!!!

Old 03-31-2009, 12:38 AM

Originally Posted by schmegeggie
BO is pushing legislation that will make it illegal to sell your SUV/Hummer to a private party. It will have to be turned in to a government facility in return for a voucher that either can be used toward a "green" vehicle, or public transportation tokens.
I would encourage you all to write your congressmen and senators to voice your opposition to this left wing power grab.
I encourage anyone reading this to seek out one of the Tea Party's coming up April 15th in your community and join the forces of people opposing the "change" we're seeing by this idiot in the white house.
really?!?!?

do you have any legit link to back this up?

i not saying your full of ****, but this sounds like some conspiracy BS. or someone really really trying to read inbetween the lines,

not only does this sound stupid, but also very impossible for state or goverment to enforce.

i almost feel stupid because i actually thought this might hold a shred of truth.......
all you have to do is spend about 30 secs to think this through and you will come to the same conclusion.

Last edited by hellzarmy; 03-31-2009 at 12:47 AM.
Old 03-31-2009, 03:46 PM

Aint no way that libberal muslin is going to tell me what I can do with my HUMER!!!!! Its bad enuf hes' turned a God fearing Amercian icon in to a sociallist company owned by the libbs. This got me so mad I could spit. STANd UP FOR YOUR SELVS AMERICA!!!!!

Old 03-31-2009, 04:37 PM

might want to add another "M" so that it says Hummer and not humer

Old 03-31-2009, 07:20 PM
Default It Appears to be Legit

U.S. Senators Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.), Susan Collins (R-Maine), and Charles Schumer (D-N.Y.) would establish a national voucher program to enable and encourage drivers to voluntarily trade in their older, less fuel efficient car, truck or SUV for a more fuel efficient vehicle.

http://www.asmainegoes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=668297

It is not law yet and it appears to be getting tweaked but it is far more fact than fiction.

It is amazing, it looks as if they want to shutter Hummer in the US but in Iraq of all places it is in huge demand and not vilified at all. http://www.nytimes.com/2009/03/30/wo..._r=1&ref=world

Old 04-01-2009, 05:07 PM

The vilification or "Hummer hate" as we call it, stems from our culture being trained to think everyone should be driving the same piece of crap Prius, making(or getting) the same amount of money, and walking around in a daze.
I proudly drive my H3! When someone starts down that path with me, I simply say, I love it! I wouldn't trade it for the world!
Safety, comfort, quality, overall ride, price. That's my order of thinking when I purchase an SUV. The H3 won. Maybe I need to add to the list(first of course): How much it pisses off Treehuggers!
BTW, Ebay...about $10

Attached Thumbnails Will you turn in your Hummer for a Gov't voucher?-hummer-001.jpg  
Old 04-01-2009, 05:18 PM

I love that sticker and I think I need to buy it.

Old 04-01-2009, 08:36 PM

ya me too....damn tree huggin hippies

Old 04-02-2009, 03:17 PM
Default Legislation would pay drivers to turn in clunkers

More information on the bills that are in the Senate and House.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...BUPI16QS5Q.DTL

Quick Reply: Will you turn in your Hummer for a Gov't voucher?