PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Will the H3/H3T ever be Blue Tooth ???

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2008, 05:05 PM
Default RE: Will the H3/H3T ever be Blue Tooth ???

ORIGINAL: macahill

ORIGINAL: mfish

Yes you have to sign up for the family plan, depending on the # of minutes you choose will determine your rate. You add the Hummer as part of the family for an additonal $10 a month and it shares the minutes in your plan, and will have a seperate phone #. As a bonus you get free call forwarding, so what I do is have call forwarding on speed dial on my cell phone. When I get in the H3 I press 1 and my cell calls are forwarded to the Hummer, so you really dont have to pass out the seperate phone #. When I get out I press 2 and it cancels the call forwarding. For $10 a month its worth it.
Yep, I have forward/unforward set as speed dials just like you. Forwarding is free withATT, plus I get an ATT discount via my company, so really don't care to have Verizon. I just purchase Verizon minutes via OnStarif i need to make a call. Thing is the H3 number shows up for who ever I'm calling, and people don't know it's me. No biggy just confuses some of my friends/family that are technically challenged.

Once in a while I forget to forward or unforward my cell phone. Bluetooth would just make life easier all around.

Does this mean Onstar only deducts minutes for outgoing calls and incomming calls are free?

Old 02-13-2008, 08:24 PM

nova....when I got the verizon phone connected The lady at verizon did something to add it to my acount then said I have to call onstar to have the phone turned on. I had to call onstar from the truck and she activated everything and gave me my number. She said that verizon CANNOT turn on an onstar phone..that they have a deal with verizon to control their own phones. I don't know if you can have it without onstar...I don't think I have onstar any longer...but I'm not sure...hmm...maybe I should check into that?

Old 02-14-2008, 01:37 AM

Please check into that. I don't want to have to pay Onstar just to have my truck phone turned on to use with my Verizon family plan.

Nova...
[sm=crossbonesgif.gif]

Old 02-14-2008, 02:26 AM

The dealer told me the same thing and we still went with T-Mobile. It would have been really cool to have the phone in the hummer though. I had a few friends ask me about the On-Star though. One of them told me that with the new regulations on air waves (I'm a complete moron on the subject, if I can't see it to tear it apart I have a hard time understanding it) that On-Star will have to cancel all of the older versions. Does anyone know if this is true and if it is what is "older" version? Hopefully they have been working it in the cars they are producing and I don't loose the phone minutes that came with the truck.

Old 02-14-2008, 05:55 AM

The whole "you need to have a Verizon account" to make full use of the Hummers onboard Blue Tooth system is just greed on Hummers part or a great deal between Hummer and Verizon and OnStar.

I have seen a few ads for newer/upcoming cars that now have built in Blue Tooth, just Blue Tooth, for hands free driving, no need to get a seperate contract for Verizon or any one certain provider to use it.

To me, Idont understandwhy Hummer cant offer, OnStar OR Verizon OR just Blue Tooth since the Hummers are already wired up with a mic and a speaker, it would seem like a great selling point for Hummer to offer Blue Tooth ready trucks without being limited to a contract and getting a different number and paying higher rates with Verizon.

If Hummer cares about driving safety you would think they would love to offer hands free in all their products.

Cheers
Davyo

Old 02-14-2008, 08:37 AM

that's an easy one..GM and Verizon have a signed contract. Offering bluetooth would void that aggrement. Sucks but I can understand why GM did it $$$

Old 02-14-2008, 11:39 AM

I called Onstar last night and they connected me Hummer Cust Service. The guy looked it up and said that the ONLY GM that has bluetooth is the 05 CTS. Just FYI

Old 02-14-2008, 02:44 PM

Isn't there a blue tooth adapter/conversion kit out there that would allow my cell phone to access my H3's built in mic/speaker system the way my phone accesses my blue tooth ear piece?

Old 02-14-2008, 04:40 PM

My 08' Charger had all the bells and whistles in regards to the Bluetooth.....It had a Mygig system which had a hard drive, played dvds, mp3s, cds, etc, and also let you use your own phone with the bluetooth system....that is one thing dodge has over the h3.....Hopefully GM will get their butt in gear and get a new system that will work!

Old 02-15-2008, 11:24 PM

ORIGINAL: novasaigo

Isn't there a blue tooth adapter/conversion kit out there that would allow my cell phone to access my H3's built in mic/speaker system the way my phone accesses my blue tooth ear piece?
I tried to do do that with my H3, I talked to stereo install shops and cellular places until I was Blue (pun intended) in the face.
One place I talked to claimed they would be able to wire it all up but it was going to be expensive.

Does Hummer read these forums ????? ,, Hey Hummer, how bout Blue Tooth please.

Cheers
Davyo

Quick Reply: Will the H3/H3T ever be Blue Tooth ???