PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Will the H3/H3T ever be Blue Tooth ???

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2008, 08:11 AM
Default Will the H3/H3T ever be Blue Tooth ???

One thing that I always dis-liked about my H3 is that the On-Star set-up would not let you do Hands Free/Blue Tooth withany otherprovider except the the provider that Hummer forces you to use, I forget if it was Verizon or T-Moblie but what I do remember were the rate plans werecrazy expensive, way way more than any typical cellular service plan.

Any chance the new Hummers with have Hands Free/Blue Tooth that can be used with ANY cellular service ?

Just wondering
Davyo

Old 02-13-2008, 08:20 AM
Default RE: Will the H3/H3T ever be Blue Tooth ???

GREAT QUESTION!!!

Honestly, this topic came up awhile ago and I downed the whole bluetooth thing and how I liked the onstar phone...I was COMPLETLY WRONG!!! My lancer has all teh toys in it including bluetooth and sinse I got the phone paired with the handsfree unit I can't live without it!!! It's the same thing as the onstar, I still get a display of the caller ID and what number is dialing...but it's free!! The only downside I have found with it is that as soon as my car starts my hne switches to bluetooth...so when my wife or my mother drives the car I can be in the house and my phone switches to bluetooth.

Old 02-13-2008, 08:23 AM

Where I work part time atmy friendstereo shop, we sell a lot of these bluetooth hands free kits. These work pretty good too.

http://www.driveblue.com/(S(hzq41mfj...)/Default.aspx

Old 02-13-2008, 08:55 AM

ORIGINAL: BMJM100

Where I work part time atmy friendstereo shop, we sell a lot of these bluetooth hands free kits. These work pretty good too.

http://www.driveblue.com/(S(hzq41mfj...)/Default.aspx

I checked out the link you posted, for the Parrot Blue Tooth, already have one and a Moto speaker set-up as well.

Im just hoping that Hummer will start including Blue Tooth so no other Blue Tooth needs to be purchased or installed, plus the H3 Blue Tooth worked really well for hands free, better than my Parrot or my Moto, it just sucks that Hummer does not allow the already installed hands free set-up to be used unless you sign up for their mega expensive service provider.

Cheers
Davyo

Old 02-13-2008, 09:02 AM

it's verizon..it's an additional $9.99 a month added onto any verizon plan...not really mega expensive. Hell I'm POH and I can afford that I do agree that it shold be a universal handfree though.

Old 02-13-2008, 09:58 AM

ORIGINAL: importkiller

it's verizon..it's an additional $9.99 a month added onto any verizon plan...not really mega expensive. Hell I'm POH and I can afford that I do agree that it shold be a universal handfree though.
Curious, Verizon told meI would have to sign up for a family plan @ $39.99/month additional for an extra line, and the H3 would still have a seperate number. I called on Star and they told me the same thing(this was Feb 2007 BTW). Made me mad becuase I changed to Verizon because the dealer said they could combine the 2 numbers, yada, yada, yada...

I changed back to ATT, and just forward my ATT phone to my H3 number when I get in. I still have to buy Verizon minutes, but it's far less than $39/month, and I don't have to give out a seperate number for folksto call if I'm driving.

Blue tooth is definately the way to go, but I think it would take away from the OnStar bussiness. Do other GM vehicles offer it? I've never looked.

Old 02-13-2008, 10:20 AM

Yes you have to sign up for the family plan, depending on the # of minutes you choose will determine your rate. You add the Hummer as part of the family for an additonal $10 a month and it shares the minutes in your plan, and will have a seperate phone #. As a bonus you get free call forwarding, so what I do is have call forwarding on speed dial on my cell phone. When I get in the H3 I press 1 and my cell calls are forwarded to the Hummer, so you really dont have to pass out the seperate phone #. When I get out I press 2 and it cancels the call forwarding. For $10 a month its worth it.

Old 02-13-2008, 11:13 AM

ORIGINAL: mfish

Yes you have to sign up for the family plan, depending on the # of minutes you choose will determine your rate. You add the Hummer as part of the family for an additonal $10 a month and it shares the minutes in your plan, and will have a seperate phone #. As a bonus you get free call forwarding, so what I do is have call forwarding on speed dial on my cell phone. When I get in the H3 I press 1 and my cell calls are forwarded to the Hummer, so you really dont have to pass out the seperate phone #. When I get out I press 2 and it cancels the call forwarding. For $10 a month its worth it.
Yep, I have forward/unforward set as speed dials just like you. Forwarding is free withATT, plus I get an ATT discount via my company, so really don't care to have Verizon. I just purchase Verizon minutes via OnStarif i need to make a call. Thing is the H3 number shows up for who ever I'm calling, and people don't know it's me. No biggy just confuses some of my friends/family that are technically challenged.

Once in a while I forget to forward or unforward my cell phone. Bluetooth would just make life easier all around.

Old 02-13-2008, 11:49 AM

I've had verizon for so damn long that I just called and added the line for the hummer...I've had a family plan for years so it was easy to do and only costs $10a month. the $39.99 plan would not be additional..it would be total..$39.99 for 2 phones, two different numbers, share the minutes...but free verizon to verizon. I have 4 lines so it costs $9.99 a month for each line after 2. I just switched to t-mobil so I have no hummer phone anymore.

Old 02-13-2008, 04:59 PM

ORIGINAL: importkiller

I no longer have the Onstar service on my Hummer.
Can I still add my Hummer to my Verizon family plan as another phone?
If so would the # assigned to my Hummer originally be the # that I would use or would they assign me a new one?

In reference to Blue Tooth capability:
Is there a blue toothadapter for the H3 that would make the built in mirror phone speaker function work with my verizon phone like a blue tooth earpiece? If yes where do I find this adapter?

Nova...
[sm=crossbonesgif.gif]

Quick Reply: Will the H3/H3T ever be Blue Tooth ???