PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why is postage so expensive from the USA?

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2008, 06:50 AM
Default Why is postage so expensive from the USA?

As a one week owner of 2008 H3, I thought that it would now be time to start to add some chrome bits to the car.
Firstly I went searching for a GM OEM Fuel Door - pleanty of online shops sell them for prices is the region of $150. I was prepared to pay this. Now the problem is when I go to the checkout and select AUSTRALIA, the postage amount goes from a few bucks for US states to anything from $180 to $300 !!!!!! - If I was to send something to the USA from Australia of similar weight/size it would cost me about $25 and that is express by Air.. So why does it cost so much ????? do the accessories companies over there not want to sellinternationally ? - They all specify UPS or FedEx, but what is wrong with the US Postal Service?

Does anyone know of accessory shops (online) who have cheap freight ??

It is difficult to get accessories in Australia (at realistic prices), and if I could I would have a hard spare wheel cover, side steps, brush guard and plenty of other bits on a plane heading my way !!!!!..

ideas would be appreciated ...

Cheers
Keith

Old 04-24-2008, 04:46 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Why is postage so expensive from the USA?

Did you try GStyles? They are a forum sponsor and sell the fuel door in black and chrome. As a forum member you get a discount. I am sure they would figure something out for you on shipping. If it saves you money ship the stuff to me and I can ship it US Postal... if it is cheaper going that way. I agree the shipping cost is out of bounds. Will they ship to you on any of the freight companies?

Old 04-24-2008, 06:50 PM

Did you try ebay? I have ordered most of my chrome accessories from them and have been happy. I don't know how there shipping rates are determined though.

Old 04-24-2008, 09:46 PM

Be careful - I think the US gasdoor is different than the aussie door -- something about safety/design -- not sure. I think the shortage is because the new design hasn't been mass produced. However, my guess is you could make it work - it just may take some creativity.

When the H3s first came out, for 2 months we couldn't get gas doors. We made H2 gas door work through a little fabrication. Gotta do what you gotta do.

Old 04-24-2008, 10:38 PM

Checked out G-Style for the Aries Style Polished side steps - price was great for the steps at $189.95 inc discount ...

BUT!!!!!!!! ----- Freight was $855.23 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I could get a plane ticket to the US for that !

Old 04-25-2008, 06:44 AM

check out a guy on ebay called zig's auto, he is pretty good, maybe he can get you a deal on shipping, not sure, worth a try.