PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who makes the best chrome accessories ??

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2007, 12:35 AM
Default RE: Who makes the best chrome accessories ??

Chrome plated aluminum billet, IMO, is way better. The look is definately better than stainless steel, and EVEN THOUGH they call it "stainless", I had some once on my rig and had to clean it ALL THE TIME as it starts to look rusty!!

The only problem with the Chrome is, depending on where you live, nature can mess it up unless you keep it clean. Again, depending on where you live. Here in Canada, we have brutal winters, with the city using alot of SALT to melt the street snow. Not a good item for chrome, so I take off alot of my chrome for the winter.

Old 02-13-2007, 05:19 PM

Has any one purchased anything from auto trim direct??? They are on e-bay and the prices seem to be pretty reasonable. E-bay feedback is 100%

Old 02-13-2007, 08:25 PM

ORIGINAL: Garland417

Has any one purchased anything from auto trim direct??? They are on e-bay and the prices seem to be pretty reasonable. E-bay feedback is 100%
Nor personally, but alot of their products look like Pro-One, which might be OK being your in Georgia and all, but sure didn't work well for me after last winter[:@]

Do yourself a favour. If you are going to do the rear bumper HUMMER letters, DON'T do the stainless. After a few months, they look tired and cheap(personal experience). Break the bank and the the BILLET letters. They are more meaty as they stick out from the bumper a little and look way better IMO.

I'd ask autotrimdirect WHAT their WARRANTY is on the Chroming as they don't say in their auctions!!

Old 02-17-2007, 11:51 AM

I purchased from Auto Trim Direct and they aregreat people to deal with and have quality goods. At this point there variety is limited but just as good as Jack in my opinion.

Old 02-17-2007, 08:23 PM

ORIGINAL: HarleyHummer

I purchased from Auto Trim Direct and they aregreat people to deal with and have quality goods. At this point there variety is limited but just as good as Jack in my opinion.
Gregory, what kind of Chrome warranty do they offer?? Some are 1 year, some are Lifetime??