PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Who HAS NOT had sunroof leaking issues?

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2010, 07:32 PM

also, make sure your roof is completely dry before opening the sun roof. The other day: my entire H3 appeared dry but apparently there was water pooling on the roof. I had the sun roof opened, and when I came to a stop, SPLASH, I had a small waterfall come down on my head.

But no, still no leaking issues(referring to my post in here months ago)

Old 04-26-2010, 08:49 AM

Roof Window Leak- I was able to unclog the front drains with canned air, but the service manual says to remove the headliner to do the rears!! I figured I would try to locate where the rears drain, to no avail, figuring I could run trimmer cord up from the bottom outside the car and unclog it. Does anyone know where the rear drains drip out? Does anyone know who I could call or ask??? Thanks in advance!!!!

Old 04-26-2010, 09:48 AM
Default weep holes

Originally Posted by CAWillie
I have had repeated problems with our 2006 sunroof leaking (pouring) into the passenger and driver sides. The weep holes clog up and we can't seem to get anyone who can dependably clean them out. GM replaced the entire seal set up at my complaint and it still leaks. It will drip from either inside corner of the roof into your lap and also will steadly drip from the roof mounted microphone above driver's head. We need to know a dependable way to keep them cleaned out. hot water is not the answer. Somebody tell me some strong chemical I can pour into weep holes every few months to dissolve whatever it is clogging them.
Where are the weep holes located so that I can clean mine out. I just got a bath this morning going to work.

Old 04-26-2010, 11:22 AM

You can only get to the front ones easily, the rear ones require removing the headliner. The holes are located in the front left and right corners of the tray that runs around the window. With the window open, if there is a pool of water there, they are clogged.

Old 04-27-2010, 04:40 PM

2008 Alpha owner here....with a big a** sunroof...o.k. so i haven't had it long...but in the 6 months I've owned it it's rained and rained and rained..not one little itty bitty drip...hey life is to short..just buy it!!

We have some nasty winters in Connecticut....this is the best handling vehicle I have ever owned/driven.. Ice snow etc..it didn't even spin...incredible.

Old 04-27-2010, 06:18 PM

Charks1, It took four years and a month for mine to leak, if I had know about the drains, I would have flushed them out occasionally!!! Good luck!!

Old 06-04-2010, 05:13 PM

2007 sunroof has never leaked, no problems at all.

Old 06-15-2010, 08:42 AM

2008 H3 leaking ... seals on the front corners ( drivers and passenger side ) not sealing well. Water Drains plugged .. had to use a long grass trimmer plastic line to clean the drains by sticking the line gently down the drain holes

Ken

Old 06-15-2010, 09:52 AM

No leaks for me so far. Vehicle is garages at nite, I don't park under trees and never park with the sunroof open. Lucky so far.

Old 06-16-2010, 07:55 AM

Originally Posted by scared2buy
I really need to hear from those with the sunroof!!

This is a big issue for me. How many of you with the sunroof do NOT
have problems with leaking?

I know most people post because they have issues and it is good to be aware of possible problems.

Plus, how does the glass top wear with time? My old car has a hard top so this moonroof as some call it is new to me. Does it get scratched easily?
My did have the problem, had to replace carpets and all, but then again my H3 had just about every problem known to men and then again what can you expect from an American made car.

Quick Reply: Who HAS NOT had sunroof leaking issues?