PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Who HAS NOT had sunroof leaking issues?

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2010, 08:32 AM

Certain types of pine trees, maple trees, and other trees are the problem. You don't want to park under the ones that drop little flowers, seeds, and/or tiny leaves every day. If you do, make sure you close the roof before parking and only open it after you've driven a bit so the debris sitting on the roof blow away instead of into the sunroof drain pan and drains.

I'm about 100% certain that Hummer uses the same OEM sunroof manufacturer (Webasto) that Mercedes uses.

Old 01-26-2010, 09:32 AM

While driving in the rain,keep it closed.LOL
2007 Black H3 loaded

Old 01-26-2010, 02:02 PM

No leaks of any kind on our '08. No scratches.

But, generally speaking, I don't park under trees.

I know many on other forums, with other vehicles, have had sunroof issues b/c of clogged drain lines. I recommend checking them or having them checked before each rain season.

Old 01-26-2010, 02:52 PM
Thumbs up

Well, after 3 trips through the local (brushless) high pressure auto-carwash my 09 is leak free............

Old 01-26-2010, 03:12 PM
Default mine leaks

Sad to say, mine has leaked. Builds up around the edges, doesnt overflow until I start driving, then the water sloshes around. Mine is parked indoors. So I doubt there's any gunk in there unless it came from driving time.

I just shut the damn door to it and go on.

Old 01-26-2010, 03:49 PM

2006 with 33k. No leaks so far.....

Old 01-26-2010, 04:26 PM

2008 Alpha w/ 17.9k miles and no leaks

Old 01-26-2010, 04:59 PM
Banned
Default Life is too short, go for it... borrowed from Mark!

no leaks,,but unfortunatly i had to buy a h3o7 used with no sunroof and i miss it, other cars have/had it.

but really get over the ego bs, ive heard the $$$,,the cadillac,,the mercedes..i dont throw money around but i dont go crazy when i want something i just buy it at a reasonable price and forget it.

the h3 has become my favorite machine ever and i didnt quibble at carmax and even kept it simple and bought their ext warr for apx $2k, sp i could forget, not worry about a big $ repair. then i set up an auto pay so i never get reminded of my monthly bill.

gosh guys its a good thing i didnt know you were here in july or i may still be driving a pickup that i hated!!!

well its been almost20 hours since i had a fun ride so gotta gooo

tom

Last edited by drtom; 01-26-2010 at 05:01 PM.
Old 01-26-2010, 08:11 PM

Hello drtom,

This isn't a matter of egotistical bs. The mercedes is over 20 years old and the cadillac is 16 years old. The money, well it was carefully saved after being financially wiped out by the economy crisis. It is a matter of making an informed decision in a very unstable economic time and not just a whim purchase. Also as you can read it has been a long time since we have bought a new vechicle.

It also has to do with a severe hearing disability that does not allow me to have a small car with the thin tires.

I do my research very carefully now.

I love the H3 Alpha. I like the way it rides and the way it looks. But I cannot let these be the only reasons for this purchase.

Thanks to everyone for the information about the sunroof and leaking issues or non-leaking issues.

Old 01-26-2010, 10:25 PM

mine hasnt leaked

Quick Reply: Who HAS NOT had sunroof leaking issues?