PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Whined and grind

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2017, 02:47 PM
Default Whined and grind

I just bought a 2006 H3 with 28k miles on it. It is up to 33k miles now. Haven't had any issues until yesterday. Driving down the highway I noticed a high pitch whine that got louder then became a grinding noise too. It won't do it in park while running. Sounded like it came from the passenger side. No visable issues. No smoke or oil. An odd smell inside the car that I couldn't detect outside or under the hood. The smell was a little rich and even sweet. Seems like it would be a bearing but not sure what else it could be. Any thoughts?

Old 02-20-2017, 10:19 AM
Super Moderator

Welcome to HF.

My thought is you are asking a technical question about an H3 in the New Member Area which is strictly for "Hello, I am a new member....." kinda things

Not the sticky thread that says This section is NOT for Tech Questions.

I moved you other post to the H3 section, which is where questions about H3s go. Good luck.

Old 02-20-2017, 02:31 PM
Default Oops

Originally Posted by Doc Olds
Welcome to HF.
My thought is you are asking a technical question about an H3 in the New Member Area which is strictly for "Hello, I am a new member....." kinda things

I moved you other post to the H3 section, which is where questions about H3s go. Good luck.
Sorry about that. I was frazzled and looking for insight. I was a bit frantic when I posted it.

Old 02-26-2017, 12:01 AM
Default Resolved

Originally Posted by Doc Olds
Welcome to HF.

okay so the dealer serviced the vehicle beforeI purchased it and they didn't refill the front differential afterwards. $2200 in damage. No leaks but the reservoir was bone dry