Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners

Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/)
-   PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-10/)
-   -   What's your biggest pet peave with your H3? (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-10/whats-your-biggest-pet-peave-your-h3-30953/)

skeptic 06-10-2013 08:21 AM

No back seat storage in the T. Even just 2 or 3 inches behind the rear seat would be nice.

egroegart 06-10-2013 08:34 AM

I know we all love our hummers. That's obvious. There's just some little things here and there that could have used some more thought in the design stage.

We plan on keeping ours for a long time too.

That sucks Aussie that they were never sold in Australia. Glad you got one though.

sneakypigeons 06-10-2013 09:14 AM

mine is that there are to many ignorant haters out there of hummers. I was in the drive-thru one time and had this high school kid talking **** to me about my hummer while he was driving his moms purple pt cruiser! it was all i could do to not throw it in reverse and crush thr front of his car then just drive away! Apperently because you drive a hummer that means your a fag and have a small penis.....

sneakypigeons 06-10-2013 09:17 AM

needless to say, i'm not a homo and my penis size is none of his concern. my wife seems pretty content with it. lol. but seriously the fact that GM decided to use the I5 motor in the first place is my pet peave.

Kevwood 06-10-2013 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by sneakypigeons (Post 298542)
mine is that there are to many ignorant haters out there of hummers. I was in the drive-thru one time and had this high school kid talking **** to me about my hummer while he was driving his moms purple pt cruiser! it was all i could do to not throw it in reverse and crush thr front of his car then just drive away! Apperently because you drive a hummer that means your a fag and have a small penis.....

I've been hearing more & more comments like this lately on the forums - is it really that bad State side? Here no one cares whatsoever, the H3 is/was quite a popular mid-sized SUV, I've never had anyone say anything but compliments regarding mine.

I guess when I move back to Canada one day and bring my H3 with me I'll start hearing the same smack as you guys.

egroegart 06-10-2013 09:43 AM

My family were the biggest hecklers when we first bought ours. Giving us grief about the gas mileage and how expensive it would be to repair it. 60,000 miles later luckily I've been able to do all the repairs myself. It's actually been one of the cheaper vehicles that I've owned.

We've had a few people here and there be idiots about having a hummer, but for the most part people are just curious and want to know how we like it and the mpg, and what options it has........We get that alot.

onerobertone 06-10-2013 10:35 AM

• The Inline 5
  • The rear seats not folding flat
  • The slight transmission slip (or at least feels like it) when going around a corner.

NJTEX 06-10-2013 02:26 PM

There is an aftermarket fix for losing things down the center console/seat gap. My Solstice has the same problem and an outfit makes this sausage shaped, interior trim finished, stuffed pillow thing that you just tuck into the gap. It blocks your items from falling down into the "black hole" but doesn't interfere with moving the seat around.

My only gripe with the H3 is the need to clean out the sunroof drains every 3 months.

Regarding Hummer in general, I'm pissed that they were axed. At the very least, I had my heart set on buying an HX let alone replacing my current truck with a Gen II H3 too.

Tactical510 06-10-2013 02:48 PM

Mine is, the stupid heated seat button....it clicks on high sometimes when I get in & out..it's the plastic bezel on the side of seat that is being compressed as weight is on seat...I'm 255 & always have to turn that button off...not sure how to fix/alter it just yet...but I'm thinking.

NJTEX 06-10-2013 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by Tactical510 (Post 298560)
Mine is, the stupid heated seat button....it clicks on high sometimes when I get in & out..it's the plastic bezel on the side of seat that is being compressed as weight is on seat...I'm 255 & always have to turn that button off...not sure how to fix/alter it just yet...but I'm thinking.

I never had that problem with my '06, just with our new '09. It looks like whoever installed the dvd headrests on the new truck may have broke the mounting pins on the seat base trim so that they now slide down and activate heater switches whenever we hop in the truck.

I haven't ordered them yet but new seat base trim only costs about $20 a side.