Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners

Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/)
-   PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-10/)
-   -   What's your biggest pet peave with your H3? (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-10/whats-your-biggest-pet-peave-your-h3-30953/)

egroegart 06-09-2013 08:24 PM

What's your biggest pet peave with your H3?

We love our H3. It is by far the best(favorite) vehicle I have ever owned. I do have a pet peave with it though. This may be crazy, I don't know and I wonder if any of you have had problems with this. I have lost my credit card in the h3 twice. Michelle has lost hers a few times. We have both lost several other things since we have owned it. And they have all been lost in the same spot.......In between the center console compartment and either the driver's or passenger's seats. There is a space there big enough for a credit card, pen, or any other small important item that can fit through there, but way too small to get your hand in to get the item back out. And there really is no best way to get something out of there other than sticking a yardstick or the vacuum hose and hoping to grab it. It happens at the worst times too, like going through a drive through where they are waiting for you to pay and your credit card falls out of your hand and goes right down there. It's happened so many times we just laugh it off now, but we used to get so pissed. Has anyone else dealt with this or have any other pet peaves about their h3?

Hunner 06-09-2013 08:55 PM

Yea I lost some keys down in there and could not see them until somebody looked from the passengers side.
My pet peave is they don't make them anymore and I have over 60,000 on mine but I don't plan on getting rid of it for a long time.

Foxbat 06-09-2013 09:37 PM

Door unlock delay after putting it in park.

rsc 06-10-2013 12:28 AM

DRL. They should be off unless I turn them on at least the tail lights also come on at the same time unlike my Liberty(dang traffic stops).
Super-wide A Pillars and blind spots. You can seriously miss an entire vehicle in the blindspots!
Lack of a good place for a CB mount.

Infamous360 06-10-2013 12:46 AM

The fact that Hummers arent made anymore. I have no idea what my next vehicle is gonna be. Don't plan on getting rid of it anytime soon but the HX did look amazing.

Another one is that parts are becoming harder to find.

Kevwood 06-10-2013 03:30 AM

Two things;

1. The fact that the air vents can not be angled up very high, just low or near horizontal. In the summer I much prefer to have them aimed higher so the air circulates around the cabin better and not so much directly on me.

2. The rears seats do not fold flat.

Other than that, I'm surprised at how much I like the simplistic design of it.

TDavis 06-10-2013 04:21 AM

As a new guy to the Hummer world, I also agree with others... That they don't make them anymore and there are very few aftermarket parts left out there. It does seem that as the "mall crawlers" are being traded in, people that appreciate what they were actually designed for are picking them up. Seems like that would open up an entirely new group of aftermarket consumers.

Aussie H3 06-10-2013 07:15 AM

That they never sold the alpha in Australia, would love to have a V8 H3.

That it does not have an AUX input factory fitted, it's just crazy every other car has had them years before.

ozark1 06-10-2013 07:30 AM

Spelling !!!

RKSmith163 06-10-2013 07:33 AM

Originally Posted by egroegart (Post 298523)
We love our H3. It is by far the best(favorite) vehicle I have ever owned. I do have a pet peave with it though. This may be crazy, I don't know and I wonder if any of you have had problems with this. I have lost my credit card in the h3 twice. Michelle has lost hers a few times. We have both lost several other things since we have owned it. And they have all been lost in the same spot.......In between the center console compartment and either the driver's or passenger's seats. There is a space there big enough for a credit card, pen, or any other small important item that can fit through there, but way too small to get your hand in to get the item back out. And there really is no best way to get something out of there other than sticking a yardstick or the vacuum hose and hoping to grab it. It happens at the worst times too, like going through a drive through where they are waiting for you to pay and your credit card falls out of your hand and goes right down there. It's happened so many times we just laugh it off now, but we used to get so pissed. Has anyone else dealt with this or have any other pet peaves about their h3?

Ditto. I have used compressed air to remove things from under the front seats. My only other complaint is when you fold down the rear seats..flat would be nice...but you also have to move the front seats forward for the rear headrests to clear. I plan on keeping mine a long time.