PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What's up with the horn??

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2007, 12:42 PM
Default RE: What's up with the horn??

ORIGINAL: JeepeaterH3

How would you wire up a different horn? plug and play or splicing required?
Mostly plug and play but you'll need a new connector. Also the grille has to come out. Go to the search function at the top of the page and search HORN and/or GRILLE. The answers you seek lie within.

Old 10-09-2007, 09:02 PM

Has anyone out there run an air horn plusPA system in their H3, or really any vehicle for that matter? Oh the enjoyment.

Old 10-10-2007, 10:47 PM

What's the deal with the little jeep horn? I just bought a 2007 H3 and the first thing I had to do was change that Horn! I first put on a "blaster horn" that looked just like the factory horn (it was only $12) and guess what, it sounded just like the factory. I Took it back and bought the $58 WOLO "bolt on" Electric Air Horn. WOW, Big Difference! It now sounds like a bad @ss Ferrari. Easy install I'd say a 5/10. 1) Through away the instructions. (They want you to hook to the battery, You Don't Need To!) 2) Disconect Battery 3) Remove horn & cut the the wires to the horn "plug". 4) Clamp on contacts to the end on the wires and attach to the + & - on the new horn (EAZY AS THAT). 5) Reconnect the Battery and Test Horn...If you hear a buzz, you have the leads on wrong, just disconect, switch leads and try again. 6) Use the screw provided to re-attach the horn (you may need to make the hole bigger, E-Z to do with a drill bit). Not hard to DIY if you have some know how and the right tools. If you don't have tools or know how, any garage should do this for $20-$40 (Don't pay more!) Have fun! You'll love it!

Old 10-11-2007, 02:57 AM

This is my project for today. Last week I was loading kids up after school and it sounded like somebody down the street was honking... until one of the boys asked why the dash lights were flashing. Apparently I had squished the panic button on the remote.
[sm=oopssign.gif]

My dilemma is I have two options sitting in my garage. Should I go with the 2 trumpet air horn, or the mechanical "oooga" horn........... or both?

Old 10-11-2007, 04:35 PM

Ditto on this lousey horn.
My VW R32 has dual horns and gets everyones attention
When I get time I may go to my local VW dealer and buy the same system
for my anemic H3 horn

Old 10-13-2007, 10:41 PM

I need to get a new horn too. As of right now i try to avoid hitting the horn if i can (lol)!

Old 10-30-2007, 04:46 AM

I finaly got a chance to put the better horn in yesterday..... Iwas going to go with the air horn, but figured sinceI had the grill off, why not just install themboth.I left the stock one hooked up too. I sound like my own little traffic jam now.

Old 10-30-2007, 07:32 AM

Is this horn a direct run through the horn switch or is controled by a horn relay?

Old 10-30-2007, 10:32 AM

I couldn't tell you. I used relays for the horns i added. I can tell you the wires are not color coded logicly. Green Is ground and black is +.

Old 11-03-2007, 02:45 PM

Okay, I was looking through the grill this morning trying to see what the wiring for the horn looked like in order to start my search for respectable soundingHUMMERhorn when I noticed there's an airhorn behind the grill. I took it to the dealer who, although has never seen one before, believes it to be factory installed. I should add at this point that this is a new 07 HUMMER brought in from another dealership.

Has Hummer ever have an airhorn option??

Quick Reply: What's up with the horn??