PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

whats with the bragging....

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2011, 12:59 PM
Default whats with the bragging....

is it just me or does anyone else feel that some people on here just love to brag and go on and on about their truck(s), or who they know or about their lives in order to make themselves feel really important or smart?!?!... is this the typical hummer owner???

i wish these people would just tone it down a notch..... no one likes the bragging bits..... you people know who you are

just saying..... negatives need not reply

Old 11-09-2011, 02:54 PM

You're just jealous of me, that's all.

Old 11-09-2011, 03:15 PM

i rest my case.....

Old 11-09-2011, 05:32 PM
Banned

theres been a lot of "made up stuff"that is ez to catch and what a reaction you get when u do. then the "i agree,x1/x2, useless stuff just to get their name out there!!
it a lot of "ego"involvement, part of entertainment!

Old 11-09-2011, 06:40 PM

I think one of my first posts was what do you drive besides your Hummer? I definitely made myself look like a jerk with that post basically bragging about some of my cars. I won't be doing that any more don't worry!
When I first got my truck I was definetly guilty of bragging about it...however now when people ask me what I drive I say a suv....it's almost embarrassing saying I own a Hummer (even though I love it) cause a lot of people hate Hummers & stereotype owners of Hummers as compensating for something and being ostentatious....

Old 11-09-2011, 10:07 PM
Banned
Default idiotic,moronic double standard libs

if they dont like what i drive then we can spend some serious time talking about what i dont like about their loonie mental disorder. its noones business which legal vehicle i drive.
if they go to the "boat",have cable tv,drink , smoke, buy lottery tickets, more power to them!!

last on my list of worries,,go scratch!!

Old 11-10-2011, 02:16 PM

funny, i say the same thing about what i drive, "oh, i drive an suv" and leave it at that. but then when someone says, "well, what kind?", then I tell them but that is always followed up with a surprised look and the question, "well how much gas does that drink?". of course i am constantly telling people that the H3 gets the exact same mileage as a jeep and some other suvs and yet better than the large suvs and pickups and that usually surprises them. then they seem to be 'okay' with what i drive.... although you have to admit, you catch alot of people on the road or sidewalk looking and thats the fun part sometimes!

Old 11-10-2011, 04:38 PM

I this the only form of social interaction you have ever been exposed to? I assure you the behavior your describing isn't limited to a forum, a common interest, a medium, a country, or specific period in history. People brag and you're just going to have to get over that man.

Originally Posted by kauaineb
just saying..... negatives need not reply
Oh, so with this post you were really just trying to get a circle jerk going?

Old 11-10-2011, 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by Pauldy
Oh, so with this post you were really just trying to get a circle jerk going?
That's some funny chit there Pauly!

To the OP (kauaineb): They may not be braging (tough to tell with the written word), they may be explaining that they have "real world" exp. on many HUMMERs/vehicles instead of quoting some book/service manual or regurgitating something they "read" somewhere else.

Last edited by TAINTER; 11-10-2011 at 11:58 PM.
Old 11-10-2011, 09:35 PM

yes baldy, thats what i was aiming for, a circle jerk.... haha