PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What year H2 would you recommend?

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2007, 07:58 AM
Default RE: What year H2 would you recommend?

ORIGINAL: shortbus

actually, the '03 did come with the folding mirrors. with the mirror selector switch in the center position, press on the right side of the adjustment button, they should fold in. press on the left side to return them to their normal position. mine stopped working after a few trips through the idiot car wash and i had them replaced under warranty with the stock style (the new look is atrocious, like we need another badge stating the vehicle is an H2).

as for the radiator, i know a few people that have had that failure, but so far (after 70K) miles, i've only cracked the coolant reservoir. it's a crapshoot on whether it will go or not, and i've had my coolant temp up in the 245 degree range pulling my camper uphill.

aside from some color options, there's very little difference in the model years your looking at, and mechanically there's no difference. get what you can afford and what makes you happy.a brand new one could leave you sitting in the street as you pull out of the dealership, or an '03 could run great for another 100K miles. whatever you get, if you have the option, i'd recommend an extended warranty. if you break stuff (not that i do it intentionally), it will pay for itself over time (for some, a shorter time than others )

good luck
Shorty, I bought mine brand new and my mirrors have NEVER had that ability LOL! Either they were busted from factory or the buttons don't work properly... I'm going to try that sequence again though .... Only time I fold mine is when I go wheelin' so not a huge issue.
I should probably add I'm not arguing that it's there, just it's functional state on my rig, LOL!

Old 06-22-2007, 08:01 AM

Store the tire inside at the stock location if you do not have the rear spare tire carrier ..... left side, there's a huge mounting bracket for it. I'd be inclined to say I'll be more than happy to get rid of my interior mounting stuff in trade, with some ka-ching on the side, for a rear tire carrier in a heart beat. I can't stand having that big ol' thing taking up trunk space not to mention constantly being visible on the very left of the rear view :/

Old 06-22-2007, 08:04 AM

ORIGINAL: Muddydawg75

I'd have to go with a Birch White 2003.....
Damn you got good taste there bro!!!

Old 06-22-2007, 06:33 PM

ORIGINAL: ZYNE

actually, the '03 did come with the folding mirrors. with the mirror selector switch in the center position, press on the right side of the adjustment button, they should fold in. press on the left side to return them to their normal position. mine stopped working after a few trips through the idiot car wash and i had them replaced under warranty with the stock style (the new look is atrocious, like we need another badge stating the vehicle is an H2).

as for the radiator, i know a few people that have had that failure, but so far (after 70K) miles, i've only cracked the coolant reservoir. it's a crapshoot on whether it will go or not, and i've had my coolant temp up in the 245 degree range pulling my camper uphill.

aside from some color options, there's very little difference in the model years your looking at, and mechanically there's no difference. get what you can afford and what makes you happy.a brand new one could leave you sitting in the street as you pull out of the dealership, or an '03 could run great for another 100K miles. whatever you get, if you have the option, i'd recommend an extended warranty. if you break stuff (not that i do it intentionally), it will pay for itself over time (for some, a shorter time than others )

good luck
Shorty, I bought mine brand new and my mirrors have NEVER had that ability LOL! Either they were busted from factory or the buttons don't work properly... I'm going to try that sequence again though .... Only time I fold mine is when I go wheelin' so not a huge issue.
I should probably add I'm not arguing that it's there, just it's functional state on my rig, LOL!
bull$h!t, yer arguin' and you know it. i'd say your rig is busted. i never knew about it until i hit the button accidentally and didn't know what the hell was going on.

Old 06-23-2007, 03:55 AM

good luck
bull$h!t, yer arguin' and you know it. i'd say your rig is busted. i never knew about it until i hit the button accidentally and didn't know what the hell was going on.
Name:  giggle.gif
Views: 60
Size:  1.8 KB

Old 06-23-2007, 07:05 AM

good luck
LOL!!! Nahh, but now I'm arguing whether I did or not LOL! I did check the rig last night and nada, nothing, zilcharoni ... my bet, busted!!!!

Old 06-24-2007, 10:49 PM
Super Moderator

if for no other reason then they stay so clean looking....

Old 06-25-2007, 02:59 AM

if for no other reason then they stay so clean looking....
Sharp Rig!!! Name:  thumbsup.gif
Views: 61
Size:  3.2 KB

Old 06-25-2007, 08:05 AM
Super Moderator

Thanks Bob.... we'll convert you over to BW one of these days.....

Old 06-25-2007, 03:18 PM

I traded my 03' for a 07'. IMO the 07' is a night and day difference to the 03'. It feels much more solid znd some of the issues we had are gone. I'd say go as new as you can.

Quick Reply: What year H2 would you recommend?