PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

What do you think about the roof marker lights on the h3?

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2008, 05:06 PM
Default RE: What do you think about the roof marker lights on the h3?

[quote]ORIGINAL: blackbear

ORIGINAL: HUMMER DRIVER

Blackbear, I just ordered a set of 5 Pacer/Cevy style amber cab lights. Thanks for the inspiration!

Cool man!! the forum is all about helping and being help, I've gotten help in the past and when ever I can do it in return I will.
I also added them to my factory off raosd lights. I added two amber lights in the middle and two on the outside. I purchased a third one for the middle but I thought it just looked two busy with all 5 amber lights and the offroad lights.

[IMG]local://upfiles/1329/73A07D1150314FA295B66CA5223D9DDA.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/1329/C2FB4382F2114C8BB3DFD8F20410AD71.jpg[/IMG]

Old 02-15-2008, 09:03 PM

I would rather have the offroad lights than the marker lights

Old 02-15-2008, 09:44 PM

I think the individual cab lamps mounted on the roof coupled with a light bar with a row of 4 or more offroad lights, best of both worlds. Looks like the BAJA boyz. Also the rear lights look great too.

Old 02-16-2008, 05:57 PM

ORIGINAL: SculptorMJM

Check out this thread about both options for cab lights:

https://www.hummerforums.com/m_18145..._/tm.htm#18145

I did the individual lights myself. Love them. No noise. No leaks. looks great at night (like a bigger rig) and no ugly black plastic bar on the roof. JMO I too think it's the best addition to my
SculptorMJM how did you run the wire from the lights on the far left and right? I installed the 3 in the middle today but I am having a hard time finding a place to grab the wire from? When I drop them down the center hole I can't see them anywhere, you don't have much room to begin with.

Thanks

Old 02-16-2008, 08:27 PM

ORIGINAL: rhill20

The dealer installed marker lights

[IMG]local://upfiles/3487/D0B25437D613437DBA6EFFE889188C79.jpg[/IMG]
rhill20...I like the look of your hilljob bar that you bought, i think when it warms up I will have Hilljob make me a bar

Old 02-17-2008, 06:57 AM

I had the OEMRoof Markers Lamps installed on my H3 and added the Plus 1 low profile Light Bar to go along with it. I love the combination of both lights!

Old 02-17-2008, 05:13 PM

ORIGINAL: robday

ORIGINAL: SculptorMJM

Check out this thread about both options for cab lights:

https://www.hummerforums.com/m_18145..._/tm.htm#18145

I did the individual lights myself. Love them. No noise. No leaks. looks great at night (like a bigger rig) and no ugly black plastic bar on the roof. JMO I too think it's the best addition to my
SculptorMJM how did you run the wire from the lights on the far left and right? I installed the 3 in the middle today but I am having a hard time finding a place to grab the wire from? When I drop them down the center hole I can't see them anywhere, you don't have much room to begin with.

Thanks
Here's a response to a PM another guy asked me about the wiring.......

As far as the wiring goes:

I drilled three holes in the roof for each of the 3 center lights. Two holes for the
mounting screws of the light housing and one hole for the for access into the cab for the
hot wire. (I also added about 2 feet of wire to the hot wire before sending it through
to make sure I could get a hold of it once in the cab)One of the two light mounting screws
also doubles as the connection for the ground wire.

For the two end lights I drilled 3 holes into the plastic end cap that the light mounts
to, removed the plastic cap, then drilled one hole for hot wire - and one for the ground
wire to be screwed directly into the roof. (I couldn't use the light mounting screws for
the ground this time because the light actually mounts to the plastic cap, not the metal
roof.)

Once inside, I removed the visors and side pillar pieces from the front part of the
headliner to be able to reach the hot wires fed through from the roof side. It is a tight
fit to see the wires over the headliner, so I recommend a buddy help.

I tied all of the hot wires into each other with "quick clips" and ran the final
one wire down the drivers side pillar and under the dash. I removed the side panel from
the driver side of the dash and there I quick clipped the hot wire to a Grey wire which
allowed the cab lights to come on only when the headlights came on.

I have a few pics, but unfortunately did not take any during the install. Don't forget
ample amounts of silicone or Goop in and around the holes for waterproofing.

Old 03-09-2008, 06:16 PM

Well I finally had some time to work on the Hummer. I installed the Pacer Chevy style roof marker lamps. I mounted mine a little different that all the others I've seen here. I decided to mount all five lights on the cab metal roof rather than the standard three lights on the metal roof and the two corner lamps up pn the plastic ridge.

Here's some pics:

This is the lamp, it has a pliable rubber base that contours to the slight arc in the body. The black ground has an eyelet so all you have to do is screw the mounting bolt through the eyelet.

Here's the lamps mounted:

There were a few tricky parts, I'll detail that info a little later but overall, this is a project anyone with basic skills can handle. Now I just gotta hope they don't leak. I used Goop Automotive for my sealant.

Old 03-09-2008, 06:54 PM

Good job!!! glad to see you got your dash apart.

Old 03-09-2008, 07:06 PM

What did the dealer set you back for the lights and the install??

Quick Reply: What do you think about the roof marker lights on the h3?