PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What do you think about parting out?

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2018, 08:19 PM
Default What do you think about parting out?

Hey all,
So I am wondering about something with my H2....
I was wondering if you think a H2 SUV is going to be more desirable with an air compressor and a 3rd row seat?
I am not talking "blue book" value, I am just wondering if down the road will having the third row seat and/or an air compressor would make someone want to buy this or not?
I was looking and it seems like most H2s are without the 3rd row seat and they still sell pretty quick, and the air compressor is just there (no air compressor kit/ hose, and the air compressor isnt hooked up to air bags since those were replaced with springs)...
So would you keep them and feel it would make it sell better later or do you think it doesnt make a difference

Also, I am curious if there is a decent market for a good working air compressor and a good condition 3rd row seat? if so, what is the normal going prices of them?

Thanks

Old 12-08-2018, 07:56 AM

I think the 3rd row seat is a plus, I doubt the air compressor will help with resale.

Old 12-08-2018, 10:14 AM

Hit or miss and really just depends on the buyer. If someone is buying with the intention of towing things a decent amount of time the air ride is a plus. Contrary to popular belief it really is a decent setup but like anything else it is another thing that can at some point fail. Any component has that potential and any optional component like that comes with the added potential cost if it eventually failing and just more things that can fail. Just like the difference between the Lux and Premium sound systems. Lux potentially will cost you more to replace 9 speakers versus 4 or the lux amp versus the premium amp or the nav head unit versus the basic cd changer head unit.

Personally if you have the room to store it I'd say keep the third seat if you dont want it in the back. They still pretty regularly come up for sale though. I've seen them on Craigslist and other places for as little as $100 to as much as $500 bucks. The air ride - depending on how far and how much was done to remove/bypass it could be viable for someone to hook it back up and put air bags back on. The compressor shelf also does have a used market value to just sell it as well as any of us know, they can fail. More often than not its just the air bags or an air line leak which is really pretty cheap to fix but if the electronics module on the shelf or one of the compressor components fail those are pretty expensive to replace. The air ride does have a slightly better ride and the cool feature of being able to hit a button to raise the rear end up by two inches along with the ability to pump up tires and other inflatables. In the long run, in my opinion, the H2's are becoming collectable and in the collectible vehicle industry factory options and having all original components make a HUGE difference in desirability. Look at classic or most any collectable cars and trucks - the ones that came with factory air conditioning and factory power windows, locks, etc easily command a much higher price premium over those that did not have the factory options or those where aftermarket options were added. Then again there is also a huge market for the restomods. So it really all just depends on the buyer and what that potential buyer has in mind. If its a younger kid who just wants lift it 12 inches, put in a half a dozen subwoofers, lambo door hinges, every possible chrome and billet accessrt ever made, a ton of offroad lights, and giant wheels with rubber band tires so they can prowl the streets in their cool huge suv then by all means ditch the seat, air ride, etc as that sort of buyer will not be interested in anything original.

Old 12-08-2018, 11:18 AM

I agree with what was said above. Keep the third seat. I dont use mine and it has been sitting in my closet for 7yrs. But if i ever plan on selling it will be a bonus for someone . Not really a deal breaker for some. But, i remember when i was looking. I only looked at ones that had the third seat, roof racks, step rail and most importantly the factory stereo. The factory stereo has always been a big one for me. Can turn me right off a vehicle. Right after i bought it i removed the seat, racks and rails, rims. I still have everything except i sold the rims. Which i wish i kept. As MIX said the more original. The more they will be worth down the road.

the air compressor depends on your needs. If you plan on wheeling it then i would keep it and add a line that you could use to air up the tires. If not wheeling and dont plan on it. I would pull it out and sell it while it still functions. If its not there most potential buyers wouldnt even know it was ever an option. I also seeked out one that didnt have the air ride as for me its not a "if but when" it will fail.

Last edited by madmayo; 12-08-2018 at 11:57 AM. Reason: Add