PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

What the.....

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2008, 07:34 AM
Default RE: What the.....

The three "R"s took this country a long way. Too bad lots of people can't do any of them anymore. We coddle the teachers, students, teachers unions, pay an inordinate amount of our money to education and we get $hit for an education these days.
Amen to that 3hummers. Unfortunately, the whole system is screwed up. Don't like it that your little Johnny is getting left back? Sue the school system-THAT certainly encourages teachers/school systemsto hold their ground.Of course colleges and universities would NEVER let an athlete say, get phantom grades orcreate ciriculums which ensure that the athlete can playfootball every week. I mean it is not likesports programs are in essence, businesses for them.

I had chance to enter a discussion with two high school department leaders (science and math) and could not, in my opinion, get a valid answer as to how tenure (read a guaranteed job) was leading to better teaches. Also, why don't teachers have to refresh their skill sets? Where I work, the bar is constantly raised, and if your skill set stays stagnant, you could end up out of a job.

To finish my diatribe, maybe the "root of all evil" is that NO ONE seems to have accountability for their own actions. Blame/sue whomever you can think of but yourself. See what happens when natural selection is not allowed to work? >whew< Sorry for the long missive.....

Old 05-02-2008, 09:27 AM

Hahahahahaha, this is hallarious.

Old 05-03-2008, 11:21 PM

ORIGINAL: Trayderjoe

The three "R"s took this country a long way. Too bad lots of people can't do any of them anymore. We coddle the teachers, students, teachers unions, pay an inordinate amount of our money to education and we get $hit for an education these days.
Amen to that 3hummers. Unfortunately, the whole system is screwed up. Don't like it that your little Johnny is getting left back? Sue the school system-THAT certainly encourages teachers/school systemsto hold their ground.Of course colleges and universities would NEVER let an athlete say, get phantom grades orcreate ciriculums which ensure that the athlete can playfootball every week. I mean it is not likesports programs are in essence, businesses for them.

I had chance to enter a discussion with two high school department leaders (science and math) and could not, in my opinion, get a valid answer as to how tenure (read a guaranteed job) was leading to better teaches. Also, why don't teachers have to refresh their skill sets? Where I work, the bar is constantly raised, and if your skill set stays stagnant, you could end up out of a job.

To finish my diatribe, maybe the "root of all evil" is that NO ONE seems to have accountability for their own actions. Blame/sue whomever you can think of but yourself. See what happens when natural selection is not allowed to work? >whew< Sorry for the long missive.....

agreed, the education system is messed up (i know, im experiencing it) im a year younger the most people in my grade yet im in classes with people 2-4 years older than me, all you have to do is try a little. and the other thing that pisses me off is the fukin standardized tests! you wanna know the truth, THEY ARE MEANINGLESS! theyre not a chalenge and often just a race to finish them in time. recently I had to take the practice tests for the graduation tests required to graduate. (knowing they werent worth anything) I drew smiley faces on the graphs and filled in random bubbles when I got bored of answering questions and finished it in 15-30 minutes (out of 2hours 30 mins.) and I still passed!!! 54% i believe is the reqirement, which by the grading scale is a low F... WTF?!?

Old 05-04-2008, 09:33 AM
Super Moderator

My sister in law is a teacher and she hates the standardized tests also. Thought they were a good idea at first but now she says all they can teach is the test,

Old 05-04-2008, 12:05 PM

we waste sooooo much time preparing for those useless tests[:@]