PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

We need more ranks

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2008, 05:03 PM
Default RE: We need more ranks

At the risk of going all--IK-- on this subject, I offer the following opinion:

Ranks and posting positions really don't count for much any more. With the advent of all these
padding games, any FNG with a dictionary, a thesaurus and a link to word of the day,can hit a grand in a month.
Whatever air of legitimacy those numbers once lent to a member, itis now long gone.

Maybe it is time to use length of "active" membership as a new criteria for bestowing rank/names.

Just a thought.

NOTE: I'm not trying to frag anyone here. Those games are enjoyed by many folks and do serve
a purpose of sorts. Especially when things get slow....Just expressing an opinion (stinky as it may be).

Plus it gave me a chance to use my newly coined phrase: "Going IK on it".....[sm=badbadbad.gif]

Old 01-07-2008, 05:04 PM

ORIGINAL: 3hummers

rhill, we are like the bellmen at the hotel. We don't have to change sheets or wash dishes but aren't management either. LOL
That sounds alot like my job now!

Old 01-07-2008, 07:09 PM
Super Moderator

I'd rather post 100 in the games than 100 saying use the search engine....

for what that is worth.

It doesn't matter to me if you post 100 in a month or 1000 in 3 years. If you are active and participate then you are doing your part for the greater good of the forum.

Old 01-07-2008, 07:21 PM
Super Moderator

I don't do the games and I don't feel like I am in competition with anyone here on the post score. With very few exceptions I enjoy the people on the forum,reading the posts and commenting sometimes. Generally a great group of guys ( with the afore noted exceptions ) and gals. Some forums are near death they are so inactive and others are run by real dickweeds. Thanks for keeping the forum a great place to hang out with like minded people.

Old 01-07-2008, 09:33 PM
Super Moderator

You don't see any posts by me in the gamer threads. Sorry, not my bag. [8D]

Those who enjoy them, carry on.

Old 01-07-2008, 10:47 PM

ORIGINAL: Doc Olds

You don't see any posts by me in the gamer threads. Sorry, not my bag. [8D]

Those who enjoy them, carry on.
Tried a couple of them myself. Just did'nt do anything for me.

Old 01-08-2008, 04:06 AM

We are alll like-minded owners here, some of us like to have fun posting quips, others just chime in when they have some info for us. Everybody here is welcome, anytime we can help each other it is worth it.

Old 01-08-2008, 05:39 AM

im with muddy,too many people ask the same old questions,and im ok with that most of the time,but i would just rather have fun anymore

Old 01-08-2008, 09:33 AM

ORIGINAL: Gunner_45

At the risk of going all--IK-- on this subject, I offer the following opinion:

Ranks and posting positions really don't count for much any more. With the advent of all these
padding games, any FNG with a dictionary, a thesaurus and a link to word of the day,can hit a grand in a month.
Whatever air of legitimacy those numbers once lent to a member, itis now long gone.

Maybe it is time to use length of "active" membership as a new criteria for bestowing rank/names.

Just a thought.

NOTE: I'm not trying to frag anyone here. Those games are enjoyed by many folks and do serve
a purpose of sorts. Especially when things get slow....Just expressing an opinion (stinky as it may be).

Plus it gave me a chance to use my newly coined phrase: "Going IK on it".....[sm=badbadbad.gif]

I think Gunner may be a cousin of mine...perfectly said!

BTW....Bob was post whoring WAYYYY before any of those games started...he was a ***** when whoring wasn't cool!!!

Old 01-08-2008, 10:46 AM

I am a "GLOBAL" moderator for a guitarist forum and rankings via post aren't used...the ranking system is more of award classifcation through quality of contribution..." whew there's a mouth full " I don't care if someone post 1000 times a day or 10 times a week, as long as they are not disrupting the forum and causing grief for the other members...post away!!

Quick Reply: We need more ranks