PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Want an H3 Alpha - need dealer recommendation

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2008, 06:58 PM
Default Want an H3 Alpha - need dealer recommendation

Hi everyone,

I am seriously thinking about getting an H3 Alpha. A short while ago, I went out to Joshua Tree National Park in a rented H3 with the inline 5 cylinder engine.I am SO amazed and impressed with what such a totally stock truck could do that I am 95% sure I want an H3. I want it soon.

I have been searching and researching a little bit on these forums and elsehwere. Looking at the local Hummer dealer's inventory (if their web sites can be trusted) it seems that the H3 alpha is hard to find, and if I want one with the off-road suspension package and rear locking diff, then it seems noone has one in stock.

Can anyone recommend a dealer in the greate Los Angeles / Orange County area who won't play games and won't BS me and WILL give me fair prices and an honest buying experience?

To those of you out there who drive H3 Alpha's: Did you have a hard time finding the truck in the configuration you wanted? anyone out there with the off-road suspension package? How are you liking it? Was it hard to find?

:-)

Old 03-14-2008, 07:05 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Want an H3 Alpha - need dealer recommendation

I've bought new Hummers from Weseloh in San Juan Capistrano and Tustin Hummer in Tustin. Both are good dealerships. Both have good service departments. I got my H3 Alpha from Tustin. It was the first Alpha with the Adventure package that they got in. Most of the Alpha's seem to come without the Adventure package. Doesn't make sense to me. They all come, at least so far, with leather seats, chrome wheels, etc. Nice options but things you might pass on if you are more interested in off roading.

Old 03-15-2008, 07:57 AM

You could always order one, it seems like the Alpha doesn't come to any dealer with that added on.

Old 03-15-2008, 10:30 AM

ORIGINAL: AlisoH3

Can anyone recommend a dealer in the greate Los Angeles / Orange County area who won't play games and won't BS me and WILL give me fair prices and an honest buying experience?
Can you find that dealer ANYWHERE ? Kinda like the recent King of the Hill episode where Hank has bought all of his cars from the same guy over the years with complete trust as he never paid a dime over sticker.

Old 03-15-2008, 02:06 PM
Super Moderator

I didn't order this one. I went in and looked at the first one they got and told them I didn't want it because it didn't have the Adventure package. 4-5 days later they called and said they had one with the Adventure package and they were leaving it in the back until I had a chance to come look at it. I have seen a few Alphas on dealer lots with the off road package, but not many. Trey may be right in that to get exactly what you want you may have to order it.