PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

US and AFRICA MODEL DIFFERENT

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2012, 06:16 PM
Default US and AFRICA MODEL DIFFERENT

question guys.

Will there be any different for RADIATOR between the US and Africa made model?
If there is a different, can someone tell me what the parts number for a Africa made radiator.

For the headlamp unit, I know there is a difference but to how much extent different are they different.
Cause I intend to purchase this :
Hummer Parts and Accessories : Starr HID lighting for the H3

What other parts are different ?

Thks guys for all your advice.

Mike

Old 12-07-2012, 08:03 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Hummer_SG
question guys.

Will there be any different for RADIATOR between the US and Africa made model?
If there is a different, can someone tell me what the parts number for a Africa made radiator.

For the headlamp unit, I know there is a difference but to how much extent different are they different.
Cause I intend to purchase this :
Hummer Parts and Accessories : Starr HID lighting for the H3

What other parts are different ?

Thks guys for all your advice.

Mike
You already asked this same question in another thread, and I basically answered it before your question.

Differences are: (write this down so you do not have to ask it again ) Steering RHD, dash for RHD, and front running lights [the small side lights in the fender in front - not head lights]. Everything else is THE SAME and interchangeable, with the exception of some emission and glove box stickers which nobody would be looking to buy/add/change anyways.

Old 12-07-2012, 09:12 AM

In the US we have a Bull bar. In africa it is a wildebeast bar

Old 12-07-2012, 12:27 PM

Awesome guys !!
Thks

Old 12-07-2012, 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by Doc Olds
You already asked this same question in another thread, and I basically answered it before your question.

Differences are: (write this down so you do not have to ask it again ) Steering RHD, dash for RHD, and front running lights [the small side lights in the fender in front - not head lights]. Everything else is THE SAME and interchangeable, with the exception of some emission and glove box stickers which nobody would be looking to buy/add/change anyways.

Actually the headlights are a little different, the reflectors are not completely round on the African/European model they are elliptical. But they should still be changeable to the starr hids since from what I understand you change the whole housing.

Old 12-07-2012, 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by Andreas_Sweden
Actually the headlights are a little different, the reflectors are not completely round on the African/European model they are elliptical. But they should still be changeable to the starr hids since from what I understand you change the whole housing.
Thats true, you even notice a sharp cutoff for the light beam when you check your lights against a wall. I think you can get an HID conversion kit for it instead. The american model has a much more spread out pattern, I put an HID kit on it and I didnt bother that many drivers. think with the improved beam pattern ud get a better result.

They also offer left hand drive for south african models.

Small question, on the 06 I didnt have in dash headlamp height adjustment, is it available on all trucks afterwards?

and finally, you cant get a hand-held tuner for the SA Alpha, just the inline 5

Old 12-07-2012, 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by Andreas_Sweden
You are correct, the STARR system changes out the whole headlight housing and it's plug and play from there. That is why they are better and legal over the HID "kits" albeit more costly.

Old 12-08-2012, 04:43 AM

Originally Posted by amrg
Small question, on the 06 I didnt have in dash headlamp height adjustment, is it available on all trucks afterwards?
If available it is probably an option, didn't have it on my 06 or 08 Alpha (US models).

Old 12-10-2012, 06:16 PM

The African built Australian model has a completely different headlight housing.
The Starr HID lights for RHD will not fit.
Apparently they do fit the RHD Japanese model. so I'm not sure about the differences with other RHD country models.