PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

UPDATE: HUMMER H2 BREATHER SNORKEL

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2008, 07:32 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: UPDATE: HUMMER H2 BREATHER SNORKEL

ORIGINAL: shortbus

i don't think we're saying anything we didn't say when safari brought up the idea the first time. it's his truck and his time and money, so if he likes it that's cool.

me, i think it's like putting lipstick on a pig . . . .
My other concern was for the guy behind him when that thing comes off at 80 and goes through their windshield.

Those things pop off pretty easy and having weight attached would give you a significant mechanical advantage to pop them off. I know first hand one of those plastic covers will break your windsheild also.... especially with 3-5lbs of plastic and metal attached to it.

Old 05-09-2008, 07:48 AM

I think if done right, with the proper equipment, it would look cool as hell.. Functional or not..

Old 05-09-2008, 10:55 AM
Super Moderator

Lots of H1 guys have a snorkel set up similiar to that and it works very well. I was curious since the H2 isn't set up to breathe at that location how well it worked. Not sure why the H1 system couldn't be adapted. Anyway I am glad to see someone working on another possible new mod for the H2.

Old 05-09-2008, 02:12 PM

THE GOOD: You guys have got this all wrong. It's a chimney for that extremely rare fireplace option.

THE BAD: Seriously I would have to agree with Muddy and Shorty. And Mike (Hummerguy) I have to say that it does take a front seat to your light bar becuase at least your light bar was functional.

THE REALITY: And now to be blunt that snorkel just looks ghey.

Old 05-09-2008, 03:30 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: 3hummers

Lots of H1 guys have a snorkel set up similiar to that and it works very well. I was curious since the H2 isn't set up to breathe at that location how well it worked. Not sure why the H1 system couldn't be adapted. Anyway I am glad to see someone working on another possible new mod for the H2.
That's not really reality either.... diesels can easily run underwater for long periods of time... gas motors can't... and if the rest of the vents are not vented that high then what's the point..

Old 05-09-2008, 03:33 PM

ORIGINAL: HumminNBoatin

THE REALITY: And now to be blunt that snorkel just looks ghey.

*FACT*
There are NO Gheys in Iran!

Old 05-09-2008, 06:14 PM

Even if that thing.....was functional....whats the point, as soon asyou get in deep enough the water is going to start seeping in[]the PCM is going to get submersed and then your going to be up SH!TSCREEK without a paddleunless you relocate the PCM, rip out all the carpet I don't see whats the point, now if you work for a chimney companyand hada big *** logo on your 2 I could maybe see how that would all fit together......sorry I'm all for doing mods, I've done many myself, but they are all practical.

Old 05-09-2008, 06:35 PM
Super Moderator

You are correct on the gas/diesel differences. I didn't know if the thing was functional or just for appearances. I also agree that it would be hard to make it as efficient as the stock set up. After looking at options to mod the H3 it is depressing out there. Not much to choose from. I am all for anyone pre-flighting any idea for additional mods. I was hoping we would get some photos of the engine compartment to see if this was just cosmetic or actually functional.

Old 05-09-2008, 06:43 PM

his original comments on the idea were that it would be cosmetic - so we're back to the lipstick thing again.a friend of mine and i looked into doing something like this so that we could have the intake facing forward and provide a bit of forced air, but the body members are just too tight between the true intake and the placement of the fake intake cover to make it practical to do something that could be easily done by partial 'tards (like me). it would look good with a big ole American flag decal though, at least make it somewhat practical . . . . .[>:]

all this aside, i think we've scared him off by doing what he asked us to do - by saying what we thought . . . . too bad though, he seemed like a nice enough guy - not a dik like muddy

Old 05-09-2008, 06:49 PM
Super Moderator

I'm nicer than you are....

Quick Reply: UPDATE: HUMMER H2 BREATHER SNORKEL