PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Universal Heated Seat Install

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2010, 03:47 PM
Default Universal Heated Seat Install

Hey everyone, I have been a H3 owner since 07 but am new to the forum. I have been searching for some details on installing a universal heated seat pad into my 07 H3 and have not had much luck. Being a mechanical automotive engineer I feel that I will not have any issues with the mechanical/upholstery install but I am not sure were how I want to hook up the electrical yet. I know I need a keyed continuous 10 amp source but I was wondering if anyone could help direct me to the best place for hookup. I am thinking of buying the service manual but figured someone here might be able to give me some tips. When I have it all planned out I will put together a tutorial for the board. I bought the pads for the driver side and am ready to start. I would just like a set direction on the electrical before disassembling everything.

Thanks in advance,
SpaceDrake

Old 12-11-2010, 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by SpaceDrake
Hey everyone, I have been a H3 owner since 07 but am new to the forum. I have been searching for some details on installing a universal heated seat pad into my 07 H3 and have not had much luck. Being a mechanical automotive engineer I feel that I will not have any issues with the mechanical/upholstery install but I am not sure were how I want to hook up the electrical yet. I know I need a keyed continuous 10 amp source but I was wondering if anyone could help direct me to the best place for hookup. I am thinking of buying the service manual but figured someone here might be able to give me some tips. When I have it all planned out I will put together a tutorial for the board. I bought the pads for the driver side and am ready to start. I would just like a set direction on the electrical before disassembling everything.

Thanks in advance,
SpaceDrake
Though unused, the wiring may already be there.

Old 12-11-2010, 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by RKSmith163
Though unused, the wiring may already be there.
That's what I was thinking. The wiring for the power/heated seats is probably available. You just need to find the correct wires and tie into it.

I am interested in doing the same thing this winter so I will do some searching and see what I can find.

Old 12-11-2010, 05:42 PM

If you do the driver's seat, no problem, but I wouldn't mess with the passenger seat. It contains a PODS bladder (Passenger Occupant Detection System) for the air bag activate/deactivate control.

Old 12-12-2010, 12:42 AM

Originally Posted by J.W.
That's what I was thinking. The wiring for the power/heated seats is probably available. You just need to find the correct wires and tie into it.

I am interested in doing the same thing this winter so I will do some searching and see what I can find.
Any help would be great. I am hoping that a wire will already be available.
The wire harness that came with the pad already has a relay and a 10amp fuse. I am not sure were to hook this up, so I am hoping someone here would know better.

Thanks for the reply

Old 12-12-2010, 12:51 AM

Originally Posted by Broken Halo
If you do the driver's seat, no problem, but I wouldn't mess with the passenger seat. It contains a PODS bladder (Passenger Occupant Detection System) for the air bag activate/deactivate control.
Thanks Broken Halo, this is what I was thinking. I decided not to buy pads for the passenger side yet. Because of the PODS the passenger side becomes much more of a concern. I know the OEM adds a heated seat with the sensor, but I am not sure how it is accomplished at the moment. More information is needed before I buy pads for the passenger side.

Thanks again.