Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners

Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/)
-   PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-10/)
-   -   Universal Heated Seat Install (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-10/universal-heated-seat-install-22006/)

SpaceDrake 12-11-2010 03:47 PM

Universal Heated Seat Install

Hey everyone, I have been a H3 owner since 07 but am new to the forum. I have been searching for some details on installing a universal heated seat pad into my 07 H3 and have not had much luck. Being a mechanical automotive engineer I feel that I will not have any issues with the mechanical/upholstery install but I am not sure were how I want to hook up the electrical yet. I know I need a keyed continuous 10 amp source but I was wondering if anyone could help direct me to the best place for hookup. I am thinking of buying the service manual but figured someone here might be able to give me some tips. When I have it all planned out I will put together a tutorial for the board. I bought the pads for the driver side and am ready to start. I would just like a set direction on the electrical before disassembling everything.

Thanks in advance,
SpaceDrake

RKSmith163 12-11-2010 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by SpaceDrake (Post 238269)
Hey everyone, I have been a H3 owner since 07 but am new to the forum. I have been searching for some details on installing a universal heated seat pad into my 07 H3 and have not had much luck. Being a mechanical automotive engineer I feel that I will not have any issues with the mechanical/upholstery install but I am not sure were how I want to hook up the electrical yet. I know I need a keyed continuous 10 amp source but I was wondering if anyone could help direct me to the best place for hookup. I am thinking of buying the service manual but figured someone here might be able to give me some tips. When I have it all planned out I will put together a tutorial for the board. I bought the pads for the driver side and am ready to start. I would just like a set direction on the electrical before disassembling everything.

Thanks in advance,
SpaceDrake

Though unused, the wiring may already be there.

J.W. 12-11-2010 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by RKSmith163 (Post 238275)
Though unused, the wiring may already be there.

That's what I was thinking. The wiring for the power/heated seats is probably available. You just need to find the correct wires and tie into it.

I am interested in doing the same thing this winter so I will do some searching and see what I can find.

Broken Halo 12-11-2010 05:42 PM

If you do the driver's seat, no problem, but I wouldn't mess with the passenger seat. It contains a PODS bladder (Passenger Occupant Detection System) for the air bag activate/deactivate control.;)

SpaceDrake 12-12-2010 12:42 AM

Originally Posted by J.W. (Post 238277)
That's what I was thinking. The wiring for the power/heated seats is probably available. You just need to find the correct wires and tie into it.

I am interested in doing the same thing this winter so I will do some searching and see what I can find.

Any help would be great. I am hoping that a wire will already be available.
The wire harness that came with the pad already has a relay and a 10amp fuse. I am not sure were to hook this up, so I am hoping someone here would know better.

Thanks for the reply

SpaceDrake 12-12-2010 12:51 AM

Originally Posted by Broken Halo (Post 238280)
If you do the driver's seat, no problem, but I wouldn't mess with the passenger seat. It contains a PODS bladder (Passenger Occupant Detection System) for the air bag activate/deactivate control.;)

Thanks Broken Halo, this is what I was thinking. I decided not to buy pads for the passenger side yet. Because of the PODS the passenger side becomes much more of a concern. I know the OEM adds a heated seat with the sensor, but I am not sure how it is accomplished at the moment. More information is needed before I buy pads for the passenger side.

Thanks again.