PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Underbody Armor

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2006, 05:22 PM
ZOO
Default Underbody Armor

I just bought the H3 underbody armor and installed it. Does anyone else have it installed? Also how well does it hold-up offroading? I was able to buy it for around $315 so I hope it was worth the money.[sm=smiley25.gif]

Old 09-10-2006, 06:29 PM
Default RE: Underbody Armor

ORIGINAL: ZOO

I just bought the H3 underbody armor and installed it. Does anyone else have it installed? Also how well does it hold-up offroading? I was able to buy it for around $315 so I hope it was worth the money.[sm=smiley25.gif]
Not a bad price and it holds up pretty well. I've slammed mine on a few rocks and it did the job it was supposed to do. If you are into rock crawling at all the rock rails are a must have as well and the OEM ones are as good as any on the market right now.

Now go out and use it! [sm=icon_rock.gif]

Old 09-10-2006, 07:49 PM

I agree with Lotus. I have yet to do much more than scratch the paint on either. I was a little leary of the under body armor at first, but after bashing it into stuff pretty hard, I'm impressed.

Old 09-10-2006, 11:31 PM
ZOO

I bought the rock rails when I first bought my H3. They seem to hold up well. Speaking of testing the underbody armor, I just got back from some rock crawling. It held up just fine. Glad I bought it. All thats left is the front.

Old 09-10-2006, 11:37 PM

Are you saying you busted the rear piece, or that you need more protection where the stock aluminum skid plate is?

Old 09-11-2006, 12:31 AM
ZOO

I was talking about getting a front brush guard. I'd be kind of pissed if the stuff broke that easy.

Old 09-11-2006, 01:42 AM

Yeah I was going to say it was a bit of a contradiction if you broke the rear piece because you just said you liked them. My rock rails and UBA were major confidance boosters to me because I know I can get into higher risk stuff without damage to the sheet metal or undercarraige as easily. Being a lease, those are important to me more than they would otherwise be.

On the F350 SD Diesel I used to own, I had a Mag-Hytec trans pan. It increased the capacity by about a gallon and they come pre drilled for a temp probe. The UBA gives me the confidance of knowing that an expensive aluminum trans pan would be protected. I am thinking of putting one on the H3 because with all of that extra fluid, it would take forever to get it hot enough to cause damage from over heating. Plus, it's always nice to know how your juice box is doing when you are playing, if I can find a decent spot to put the gauge.