PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

turns on torsion bar adj level front

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2009, 01:12 PM
Default turns on torsion bar adj level front

Hi everyone,
I recently level my front suspension with the torsion bars wondered if these turns on the adjustment is normal. The turns on torsion bar to get 23 1/2" I ended up with driver side +9 turns and passenger +1 turns with 3/4 tank of gas, do the amount of turns vary per vehicle? I did drive the vehicle around a few blocks after each adjustments and I am on a level garage floor.

Old 07-30-2009, 03:15 PM
Super Moderator

The T bar adjustement to level is not by the # of turns. Yes, every vehicle would be different.

It is a matter of turn the bolt and measure until you get where you need/want to be.

I've done them before where we actually tightened on the driver side and loosened on the pssgr side to level it accross the front.

9 might seam high, but if you can read the tape measure, your good to go.

For the benefits of others, take a look at https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/f...splay.php?f=33 on this topic.

Old 07-30-2009, 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by Doc Olds
The T bar adjustement to level is not by the # of turns. Yes, every vehicle would be different.

It is a matter of turn the bolt and measure until you get where you need/want to be.

I've done them before where we actually tightened on the driver side and loosened on the pssgr side to level it accross the front.

9 might seam high, but if you can read the tape measure, your good to go.

For the benefits of others, take a look at https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/f...splay.php?f=33 on this topic.
Thanks Doc,

I remember dmurdock how to but did it without the jack. I couldn't find any others on the # of turns on their torsion bars. The ones that did say basically had their desired lift within 2 turns. When I do get new leveling shocks we will see if there will need to be more adjustments. I've read a claim that the leveling shocks raised the front another 1".

Old 12-02-2009, 09:12 PM

this thread is very helpful

Old 03-11-2010, 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by Emptys_H3
Thanks Doc,

I remember dmurdock how to but did it without the jack. I couldn't find any others on the # of turns on their torsion bars. The ones that did say basically had their desired lift within 2 turns. When I do get new leveling shocks we will see if there will need to be more adjustments. I've read a claim that the leveling shocks raised the front another 1".
The shocks definately add height.... I did my adjustment on my old H3 and got it to where it was perfect.... then after the shocks were added it was high.