PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

trying to sort out some issues with new h2.

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2014, 11:46 PM
Default trying to sort out some issues with new h2.

so this is my first h2 (2006 suv) and there are some things that i know are issues and others that im not sure if its an issue or just the truck. any input is appreciated.

the heated seat switch has two options. the upper seat only and the combined lower and upper seat. the upper seat option lights up if pressed but both upper and lower is warmed. i can not select just the upper seat only. the combination options works correctly. this happens on both door switches.

when idling in traffic the a/c blows out luke warm air. when driving the air is nice and cold.

i read that katzkin used to sell ventilated seats but they no longer sell h2 products. does anyone know how to get ventilated seats.

i have wierd electical issues. interior lights dont go off, door ajar in the dic, service 4wd in the dic, come out of the house and sometimes the drls are on etc. car has an aftermarket viper alarm and a pioneer radio with some sort of converter box that is needed when the factory radio is removed. anyone ever run into any issues like this that might be related to aftermarket alarm or radio install?

have to park in a lot of low clearance parking garages. would like the ability to lower the h2 2-3 inches as needed with an airbag or hydraulic type of system. anyone have any suggestions?

Old 12-21-2014, 03:52 PM

try hitting other seat button only for just upper
ac may just need charged up
have no clue on vented seats
had aftermarket viper alarm/remote start in mine when I bought it which did not work but did not cause any other electrical issues, if yours doesn't work properly you might want to get it disabled and see if that is the cause for some of the other problems, the door ajar and interior lights staying on might be the switch usually in the door jam that gets hit when door is closed..thats all I got

Old 12-21-2014, 06:50 PM

I have been looking into Viper alarms and installing myself for ages. The amount of wiring and splicing in the factory harnesses you have to do is ridiculous. I wouldn't be surprised if that is the root of your electrical problems.

Old 12-26-2014, 12:21 PM

yea i was leaning towards the alarm my self for the electrical issues. ill prob pull the alarm and put the stock stereo back in and start from there. see if that clears up any of the issues.