PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Transmission Swap???

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2014, 06:03 AM
Default Transmission Swap???

HI, I want to buy a H3 Alpha. Can anyone tell me if I can switch out the 4 speed auto tranny to an after market 6 speed standard? Or at least a 6 speed auto, but prefer standard. Who does this work anywhere in the US or Canada?
Cheers, Bruce

Old 06-04-2014, 10:28 AM
Super Moderator

Welcome.

MOVED. The Hummer Forums Help and Suggestion section has NOTHING to do with any vehicle.

Please always READ before you post.... like this one stuck to the top of that section: https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/h...section-30002/

Old 06-04-2014, 10:33 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by AmsoilBruce
HI, I want to buy a H3 Alpha. Can anyone tell me if I can switch out the 4 speed auto tranny to an after market 6 speed standard? Or at least a 6 speed auto, but prefer standard. Who does this work anywhere in the US or Canada?
Cheers, Bruce
Why?

If you are asking is there a direct bolt in..... No.

It is a 5000# off road truck shaped like a brick with a Transfer Case, it is not intended to be a highway machine. It would require substantial mechanical and electronic control modifications, so if money is no object... anything is possible.

Old 06-06-2014, 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by Doc Olds
Why?

It is a 5000# off road truck shaped like a brick with a Transfer Case, it is not intended to be a highway machine. It would require substantial mechanical and electronic control modifications, so if money is no object... anything is possible.

if you thought his intentions to swap for 6-speed was for milage, well i believe there are plenty of 6-speeds that are capable for handling that much of torque and weight and they would really improve milage and performance

sure direct bolt-on would be impossible needs to fabricate mounts and other stuff

4wd is another issue here how to make that new tranny works with existing setup ( transfer cae)

let us hope that his project goes on very well

money is the ultimate decission maker everywhere if you have money ,ability and time then nothing is impossible
good luck

Old 06-06-2014, 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by Doc Olds
Why?

Forgetabout the trans, I would be trying to find the cheapest way to replace the 5.3 with a LS7. However, if you have the need for real speed, get the LT4

2015 Chevy Corvette Z06 is most powerful production GM car ever with 650 hp, 650 lb-ft - Autoblog