PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Trailer wiring for 07 H3?

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2007, 07:22 PM
Default Trailer wiring for 07 H3?

As you can imagine, the dealer wanted to knock me out for about $400 for a hitch. I went to JC Whitney.com and ordered a receiver made by Hidden Hitch for $132 shipped to my door. All I need now is a wiring connector. Any ideas on where you buy one? I found a few rated for 2006 H3...but not for 07.

So, two questions: 1. are the 06 and 07 the same adapter, and 2. any recommendations on where to buy it? JCW didn't have a plug in version...only had the "cut and splice" type, and frankly I'm not cutting into my 500 mile H3 to install trailer lights.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Old 06-30-2007, 09:46 PM
Default RE: Trailer wiring for 07 H3?

I put a hitch on my new 07.It has no provision for a plug in adapter,hard to beleve?Yes.Pain in the ***?Yes.Easy to wire ,remove the taillights,splice into 2[turn& brake]on one side, 1[turn] on the other.Consalt hitch instaler for wiring diagram if needed.

Old 06-30-2007, 10:27 PM

I think you might have found the wiring harness tucked up underneath pre-wired for a trailer package..

Old 07-01-2007, 01:19 AM

I purchased my hitch from Uhaul for $140 and it fit nicely additionally Uhaul has a wiring adapter that uses the wiring that is tucked away in the space between the rear bumper and body of the 07 H3. The uhual wiring diagram matches the colors of the wiring harness. It took literally 5mins to install and only cost $8 for the wiring kit (harness).

Old 07-01-2007, 07:23 AM

Guys thank you so much. I have a Uhaul near me...I'll take a ride down there and see what they have. I am ready to get my jetskis in the water but this H3 came with no hitch...and I knew that a little patience would save me some green! Thanks again for the help.

Old 07-01-2007, 06:47 PM

ORIGINAL: anthony42376

I purchased my hitch from Uhaul for $140 and it fit nicely additionally Uhaul has a wiring adapter that uses the wiring that is tucked away in the space between the rear bumper and body of the 07 H3. The uhual wiring diagram matches the colors of the wiring harness. It took literally 5mins to install and only cost $8 for the wiring kit (harness).
Hey Anthony..was wondering if you could post a pictures of the installed hitch..was thinking about adding one to mine..thanks.

Old 05-18-2008, 01:05 AM

Hello There - I bought a 2007 H3 without a trailer hitch. At first the dealer told me that it would cost $400 to get the hitch, then changed their tune to $1127 to include the hitch and the entire bumper assembly. I really didn't want an aftermarket hitch, because it hangs below and looks gaudy, not to mention takes up precious rear off-road clearance (like I frequently go off-road :-)). Anyways, I was lucky enough to find the entire factory hitch/bumper assembly on ebay for $200 and bought it. Installed with just 6 bolts and it looks factory fresh with hitch and electrical plug with spring-loaded door. Problem is, it didn't include the wiring from the h3 to the hitch-mounted electrical plug. I found the wiring harness from the plug connectior to the trailer at my local auto parts store, but I need the connection from the truck to the plug assembly attached to the hitch. Anybody know where the original connection is made to the vehilcle? Is there already a cable/plug in existence somewhere? Or, do I need to buy a cable from the dealer? Where is the connection made? Rear tailight? ANy help would be appreciated! Thanks!

Old 07-25-2009, 06:15 PM
Default Same problem, not wiring harness to plug to

Hello Gang and great forum..seems I have similar problem. I have receiver hitch installed but my 2007 H3 didn't come prewired...so, I am lost. Guess there's no other way other than cut and splice into wiring. Does anyone know of a easier way to put 7 point plug on my H3? Prewired would have been so easy. If I have to cut and splice, which harness would be best?

Thanks,

JLindbert

Old 07-26-2009, 01:54 AM

Originally Posted by JLindbert
Hello Gang and great forum..seems I have similar problem. I have receiver hitch installed but my 2007 H3 didn't come prewired...so, I am lost. Guess there's no other way other than cut and splice into wiring. Does anyone know of a easier way to put 7 point plug on my H3? Prewired would have been so easy. If I have to cut and splice, which harness would be best?

Thanks,

JLindbert
Your H3 is pre-wired, the leads are tied back between your bumper and the body of the truck.

Old 09-20-2009, 07:42 PM

After removing the dang bumper...I finally found them...and the under dash wires are were attached to the light.

Thanks,

JLindbert

Quick Reply: Trailer wiring for 07 H3?