PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Traded in my H3 :(

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2017, 03:11 PM
Default Traded in my H3 :(

I have finally parted ways with my 2009 Hummer H3 Adventure Model. I bought it used three years ago with 55,000 miles on it. In hindsight I should have kept shopping. When properly maintained they are great vehicles. But the one I bought had not been. Here is the list of maintenance and repairs in order of what I had to do.

New Radiator
New Rear pinion seal.
New Leaf springs, shackles and ubolts. Apparently the leaf springs and ubolts were broken when I bought it.
New Tires - TA KO2s
New Shift solenoid
New Battery and new Battery terminal ends
New All four brakes rotors and pads - it had the wrong rotors and all four warped
New Replaced both front wheel bearings, first right and later the left.
Fixed Broken exhaust heat shield On front passenger side twice
New fan, fan clutch, tensioner pulley and water pump.

I put 80,000 miles on it in three years - which is a lot, but spent around $4,000 in repairs.

Would I buy another? Yes! If I knew it was properly maintained. I traded it in to get the wife a newer more fuel efficient vehicle with a four year extended warranty.

I'll be driving her babied Impala.

Regrets - take the time purchasing and get an extended warranty.

Old 06-01-2017, 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by DraxHummer
I have finally parted ways with my 2009 Hummer H3 Adventure Model. I bought it used three years ago with 55,000 miles on it. In hindsight I should have kept shopping. When properly maintained they are great vehicles. But the one I bought had not been. Here is the list of maintenance and repairs in order of what I had to do.

New Radiator
New Rear pinion seal.
New Leaf springs, shackles and ubolts. Apparently the leaf springs and ubolts were broken when I bought it.
New Tires - TA KO2s
New Shift solenoid
New Battery and new Battery terminal ends
New All four brakes rotors and pads - it had the wrong rotors and all four warped
New Replaced both front wheel bearings, first right and later the left.
Fixed Broken exhaust heat shield On front passenger side twice
New fan, fan clutch, tensioner pulley and water pump.

I put 80,000 miles on it in three years - which is a lot, but spent around $4,000 in repairs.

Would I buy another? Yes! If I knew it was properly maintained. I traded it in to get the wife a newer more fuel efficient vehicle with a four year extended warranty.

I'll be driving her babied Impala.

Regrets - take the time purchasing and get an extended warranty.
hard to read. my adventure has 71000, babied, did the rad and water pump, nothing else but tires at 60000. if i EVER sell, this is the one you want! good luck in the chebby!

Old 06-02-2017, 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by happythree
hard to read. my adventure has 71000, babied, did the rad and water pump, nothing else but tires at 60000. if i EVER sell, this is the one you want! good luck in the chebby!
Thank You. Appreciate that. I should have added I used Mobil 1 as recommended here on the forum and the truck ran great with it.