PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tpms ?

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2013, 08:25 AM

Originally Posted by happythree
those flimsy wires near each wheel I think those are the pickup devices for each sender. they can be damaged
wheel speed sensors for abs & tc...

The TPM system uses the Instrument Panel Cluster (IPC), Body Control Module (BCM),
RCDLR, keyless entry transmitter, 4 Radio Frequency (RF) transmitting pressure sensors, and the
serial data circuit to perform the sensor learn mode functions.

Old 06-27-2013, 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by happythree
those flimsy wires near each wheel I think those are the pickup devices for each sender. they can be damaged
Those "flimsy wires near each wheel" are the ABS wires. If damaged they wreak havoc with the t-case and traction control systems.

Old 07-16-2013, 01:51 PM

I have had my TPMS sensor on since March - 4 months. Have not found a fix yet. I just live with it. On long drives I press the trip button and it clears the warning text, but the tire light stays lit up. I have done the "TPMS test" per the manual and get no response from the driver side rear sensor. Have had one shop look at it and they said all of the sensors were reading fine, i.e., no codes. They were stumped. I am stumped too.

I am about to get new tires and see if it can be fixed while the tires are being installed. Will update if I find a solution.

Old 07-17-2013, 04:54 PM

Okay, finally got mine fixed. Was a sensor with a dyeing battery, would program and work for a while, weak signal and then nothing. Always checked good, no codes. Tech checked all sensors this time about three times each, then spotted one that seemed a little slower then the rest to program. Same one I had a problem with doing the manual reprogram. Just thought I wasn't quick enough.

Told him to replace just that one, no more problems no lights, bumped my pressure up to 35 from 30, no problems.

I guessed they cheaped out on the new cars, because my 2002 corvette would tell you which tire was bad, not just chech TPMS system.

Hope this helps someone else with the problem.

Old 07-17-2013, 05:17 PM

The TPMS batteries are supposed to last 10 years but from my experience with our '06, they tend to start to fail in and around the time you need to buy a new starter battery.

Old 07-17-2013, 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by jewjenk
dyeing battery.
Did your mechanic check voltage on that tpms before replacing it? What was the voltage your mechanic received when tested?
Did your mechanic give you the old tpms?
Seriously, I never heard or seen such a thing.

Battery good (still works)
Battery weak (still works)
Battery dead (will not work)

Battery NOT dyeing.

What a coincidence, this battery died when you got your tires installed?

Your mechanic work at the same place where you had your tires installed?

Old 07-17-2013, 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by NJTEX
The TPMS batteries are supposed to last 10 years but from my experience with our '06, they tend to start to fail in and around the time you need to buy a new starter battery.

Depending on mileage, the tpms battery is never used when parked.

Old 07-17-2013, 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by hummerz
Depending on mileage, the tpms battery is never used when parked.
Makes sense, our H3's are +20k miles a year vehicles.

Old 07-17-2013, 08:10 PM

Okay "dyeing" got past the spell check.

No the the voltage was not checked as that would mean destroying that TPMS.
Didn't ask for the old one because it was the fourth time I had been to the tire rack store and even after they took all the tires off and checked the units, then remounted them and balanced with no charge and after the dealer had no explanation, I was happy to pay them $55 for replacing the sensor. Dealer wanted $ 156.

It was what it was and a problem to find because it was intermitted. No lights, no check TPMS, No more problem.