PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TOYO M/T or Cooper STT ? (importkiller plz)

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2007, 12:26 PM
Default TOYO M/T or Cooper STT ? (importkiller plz)

I like the tread design and aggressive appearance of both the TOYO's and Coopers but not sure which is better. Granted I will be using them the majority of the time on the street I would like to know which is more street friendly of the two. I'll be getting 315/75/16's. Thanks.

Old 04-01-2007, 02:05 PM
Default RE: TOYO M/T or Cooper STT ? (importkiller plz)

Just to give my opinion the Toyo MTs aren't that loud at all to me. I can't really hear them over the radio or our conversation. At highway speeds they get a little louder, but no where near unbareable.

Old 04-01-2007, 02:21 PM

Go with Toyo's, have had mine for about 6 months now, and I'm very happy with the performance, and treadwear of these tires!!! Here's a link to take a peek on the reviews on the Toyo M/T http://www.1010tires.com/TireReviews...e_reviews.html

Old 04-01-2007, 02:24 PM

Toyo's (if those are the only two options) I like the coopers too but they are LOUD...at least they are on a 2006 f-350. My friend has them on his ford and he likes them, they seemed to do ok in the mud and snow but if ya gotta pee the vibration from the tires at highway speed will push it right out of you

Old 04-01-2007, 03:14 PM

ORIGINAL: importkiller

Toyo's (if those are the only two options) I like the coopers too but they are LOUD...at least they are on a 2006 f-350. My friend has them on his ford and he likes them, they seemed to do ok in the mud and snow but if ya gotta pee the vibration from the tires at highway speed will push it right out of you
Thanks to everyone for the feedback- I guess I will definitely be going with the Coopers due to the noise issues.

Is there another that you would put in front of the Toyo's?

Old 04-01-2007, 03:24 PM

I sell both of these tires in my business, and I have the Toyo's on my rig. The Cooper is a nice tire, but the Toyo is unbeatable for ride comfort, low noise level on the highway, aggressive looks, and actual functionality. I think you will be very happy with the Toyo's. Good luck!

Chris

Old 04-01-2007, 06:42 PM

ORIGINAL: 07HummerH3

Thanks to everyone for the feedback- I guess I will definitely be going with the Coopers due to the noise issues.

do you mean going with the toyo's due to noise issues? Or do you want noisy?
Yes there are a few I would put in front of the toyo's...mainly because they are way overpriced...almost as baddly overpriced as bfg and PC. My first choice would have to be Mickey Thompson MTZ...very quiet and smooth tire that will keep up with or surpass toyos in off road traction (most conditions) They are siped so they are great on road in rain/snow/ice. I have turned a few guys on here onto the MTZ's and the are very happy with them. Call Jordan Tire for the best available price. I will get you a number later. MY other choice sould be right behind the mtz's and they are the Parnelli Jones Drit Gripz....very very quiet, way cool tread design and amazing on and off road traction. Only downside is that they do wear slightly faster than the mickey's. They are siped also so they are good on snow,ice,rain. You will be very pleased with either one IMO.

Old 04-01-2007, 07:23 PM

Yes there are a few I would put in front of the toyo's...mainly because they are way overpriced...almost as baddly overpriced as bfg and PC. My first choice would have to be Mickey Thompson MTZ...very quiet and smooth tire that will keep up with or surpass toyos in off road traction (most conditions) They are siped so they are great on road in rain/snow/ice. I have turned a few guys on here onto the MTZ's and the are very happy with them. Call Jordan Tire for the best available price. I will get you a number later. MY other choice sould be right behind the mtz's and they are the Parnelli Jones Drit Gripz....very very quiet, way cool tread design and amazing on and off road traction. Only downside is that they do wear slightly faster than the mickey's. They are siped also so they are good on snow,ice,rain. You will be very pleased with either one IMO.
I typed too fast-- I will not go with the coopers due to their noise. I'm probably going to go with the Mickey Thompson MTZ's thanks to your input. Siping is important to me as I don't want trouble in the rain. If the tires on your rig in the pic are MT MTZ's then I'll be very pleased- they look bad ***. You're a guru at this stuff, definitely.

P.S.-- H3Tiger, thanks for weighing in on this

Old 04-01-2007, 08:00 PM

I typed too fast-- I will not go with the coopers due to their noise. I'm probably going to go with the Mickey Thompson MTZ's thanks to your input. Siping is important to me as I don't want trouble in the rain. If the tires on your rig in the pic are MT MTZ's then I'll be very pleased- they look bad ***. You're a guru at this stuff, definitely.

P.S.-- H3Tiger, thanks for weighing in on this
No problem. Good luck with your decision. In a sense, you will be going with Cooper after all if you go with the MTZ's. Cooper owns Mickey Thompson. The MTZ is a nice tire too... I've sold quite a few over the years. I personally like the Toyo MT like I said, but they are pricey as importkiller said. Anyway, let us know how you like the MTZ's when you get 'em. They should give you good servicetoo. Take care...

Old 04-01-2007, 11:21 PM

I was looking on the Mickey Thompson site and it says that the 315/75R16's are for an 8"wheel.... will they fit on the stock rims or have you guys changed your wheels to accomodate them?

Quick Reply: TOYO M/T or Cooper STT ? (importkiller plz)