PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Towing opinions needed

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2008, 11:00 AM
Default RE: Towing opinions needed

Gunz...what make / model of trailer did you purchase? ...I'm in the market for something that I can pull with my 3 also. Looking at 21-ish R-Visions, but they are all in the 3200-3700 range. Also... Anyone find any decent towing mirrors for their 3's?

Old 05-20-2008, 02:22 PM

Canuck H3 I bought and Aero Lite trailer. I did not want to purchase anything around 3000 pounds or more. I also did not purchase anything else like mirrors and had no problem looking around it. With all the advice I got here and off friends my goal was if I was loaded down and ready to roll no more than 80 percent max which would be 3600 pound. Here I am at 2700 pounds or or so loaded. Also I wanted to be cheap and buy a man cave so price in the trailer was a factor. I was out the door so cheap and light I couldnt resist. I will say if you are looking for a travel trailer I know of another and also dont pay anything near what they want! Let me know if I can help you in any way, Mike

Old 05-21-2008, 01:30 AM

Gunz,
Congrats on your new trailer. I’ve towed many trailers with my pickups (diesel pickups) and can tell you electric brakes are a must not only for helping to stop the trailer but for saving the brakes on the H3. Also a tranny cooler would be a wise investment for when you’re in that stop & go driving as your transmission heats up quickly in that type of driving. And last but not least, you must have a good anti sway bar on your trailer hitch.
My advise would be to load the trailer up as if you were going on a trip, fill the H3 with passengers and go to the nearest truck stop and have the entire rig put on the scales and weighed. It usually only costs around $8. Then you can determine if you are too heavy or too light. Before I wrecked my 2000 Ford F350 4X4 Powerstroke I always had it weighed before I went drag racing with it every Tuesday night.
Because the wheel base on the H3 is shorter then a pickup or similar towing vehicle it would be wise not to overload the trailer or the tow vehicle and expect to keep your speed within reason and arrive safely.

Old 03-09-2009, 12:01 AM

Good morning to america.
just received my H3 from the states. I'm living in Dubai and want to buy a quad and/or a jetski. I checked for trailing possibility, it looks like everything is preinstalled, except the hook. Is there a hidden location or do I have to buy a new one ?
any information regarding driving in extreme sand would be appreciated. eg. which airfilter and additional equipment.
thanks in advance Andre.