PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Took the H3 off road for the 1st time.....DISAPPOINTED!

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2007, 12:45 AM
Default Took the H3 off road for the 1st time.....DISAPPOINTED!

I went to the local sand dunes for the 1st time in the H3, and Iam very disappointed. I have an aftermarket intake and exhaust, put the ReadyLift kit, 35" MT's, and had the pcm done by PCM 4 LESS. I never knew how much power it lacks, I had so many probs goin up hill. Finally, when I was on he highway goin home, the engine/exhaust made a weird knocking noise when I would accelerate, the check engine light turned on, and the Stability System shut off. I kept getting the service messege along with a "traction failure" messege. I ran a OnStar diag, and I was told there was a prob with the fule delivery syst, Stability system and something else. I disco'ed the battery for about an hour, and all back to norm. Drove for about 15 miles and ran a diag again, and everything seems ok. Any thoughts???? Should I still take it to the dealership to get checked out?
I still love the rig....my wife drives it about 90% of the time.

Thanks

Old 09-19-2007, 01:00 AM
Default RE: Took the H3 off road for the 1st time.....DISAPPOINTED!

you should get rid of it while you can. the first time off road and tons of non-offroad problems occur, that's enough to warrant tossing it away as a bad decision.

Old 09-19-2007, 01:20 AM

Are you for real or do I detect some sarcasm....long night, help me out here

Old 09-19-2007, 01:58 AM

i know dik about the H3, but have read many posts that cover almost every issue you mention and none are related to offroad use. you don't really provide enough detail to warrant an answer concerning the performance of your truck offroad. the whole problem with power could have been due to another issue, as i've watched H3s hammer dunes in Pismo with no problems at all. granted, your truck has issues, but based on the title of your post you attributed it to offroad use, which isn't really the case. for that reason, i felt some sarcasm was required. . . . . . .

Old 09-19-2007, 02:29 AM

ORIGINAL: h3carlos

I went to the local sand dunes for the 1st time in the H3, and Iam very disappointed. I have an aftermarket intake and exhaust, put the ReadyLift kit, 35" MT's, and had the pcm done by PCM 4 LESS. I never knew how much power it lacks, I had so many probs goin up hill. Finally, when I was on he highway goin home, the engine/exhaust made a weird knocking noise when I would accelerate, the check engine light turned on, and the Stability System shut off. I kept getting the service messege along with a "traction failure" messege. I ran a OnStar diag, and I was told there was a prob with the fule delivery syst, Stability system and something else. I disco'ed the battery for about an hour, and all back to norm. Drove for about 15 miles and ran a diag again, and everything seems ok. Any thoughts???? Should I still take it to the dealership to get checked out?
I still love the rig....my wife drives it about 90% of the time.

Thanks
Well...There's THE PROBLEM!!!!Name:  giggle.gif
Views: 45
Size:  1.8 KB

Old 09-19-2007, 02:30 AM

ORIGINAL: shortbus

i know dik about the H3, but have read many posts that cover almost every issue you mention and none are related to offroad use. you don't really provide enough detail to warrant an answer concerning the performance of your truck offroad. the whole problem with power could have been due to another issue, as i've watched H3s hammer dunes in Pismo with no problems at all. granted, your truck has issues, but based on the title of your post you attributed it to offroad use, which isn't really the case. for that reason, i felt some sarcasm was required. . . . . . .
Sarcasm......YOU?????

Old 09-19-2007, 02:37 AM

who'd a thunk it ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

Old 09-19-2007, 03:25 AM

Why does everyone want to put this aftermaket stuff on their rides? I've been to Moab and up in Michigan and my stock H3X does just fine. I've beenthrough backwoods and, still havn't found anything that really stressed mine out.

Old 09-19-2007, 05:01 AM

i have yet to take mine offroad,so im no help to you

Old 09-19-2007, 05:38 AM

Shortbus, you're one sick puppy... your new avatar is too frikkin funny.

Quick Reply: Took the H3 off road for the 1st time.....DISAPPOINTED!