PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Tire and Wheel Question

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2011, 03:47 PM
Default Tire and Wheel Question

Hi all, first time post here after lurking and searching for the past week, I just traded in an '08 Nissan Frontier Nismo Package on an '08 H3 Alpha and I am getting ready to get some new tires, I wanna go with 35/12.50/20 Toyo Open Country M/T's and from what I have read I need to get 20x9 with 4.5 backspacing and -12mm offset or 5.0 backspacing and 00mm offset, now i was wondering if anyone that is running the 4.5 with the -12 could post up some pics, as here in PA you can't have the wheels stick out of the wheelwell and I would hate to order some wheels and not be able to get inspected without taking them off. Thanks in advance.

Old 06-03-2011, 03:51 PM

Couldn't figure out how to edit my post but here are the wheels I am thinking about getting http://www.mhtwheels.com/wheel.cfm?cat=750

Old 06-03-2011, 10:51 PM

If you do not have the fender flares you will already get in trouble with only 35" tires....doesn't matter what offset!
The two offests you mentioned will both stick out without fender flares!

If you plan on a 4" lifting kit you would need the 4.5" backspacing!

Old 06-04-2011, 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by Bullwheel
If you do not have the fender flares you will already get in trouble with only 35" tires....doesn't matter what offset!
The two offests you mentioned will both stick out without fender flares!

If you plan on a 4" lifting kit you would need the 4.5" backspacing!
No lift, just crank the t-bars a little if needed, and the stock tires actually poke out a little to begin with, so I am trying to at least stay as close to that as possible, I went thru through the gallery last night and saw a couple of vehicle's that have what I'm looking for, unfortunately they were running wheels that I really aren't interested in, but thanks for the response. Anyone else out there with any pics to post with wheels that I was asking about?

Old 06-04-2011, 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by AlphaTitus
No lift, just crank the t-bars a little if needed, and the stock tires actually poke out a little to begin with, so I am trying to at least stay as close to that as possible, I went thru through the gallery last night and saw a couple of vehicle's that have what I'm looking for, unfortunately they were running wheels that I really aren't interested in, but thanks for the response. Anyone else out there with any pics to post with wheels that I was asking about?
"not" interested in not "aren't" interested in sorry, had to correct that.

Old 06-07-2011, 07:55 PM

Guess the Hummer community is more biased towards the 20" wheel than I had anticipated.

Old 06-07-2011, 09:03 PM
rsc

Well IMHO, the 20" wheels look good but I want a different wheel for my needs. Okay so I don't wheel as often as I would like (every weekend?) and I use mine as a DD, but I do like to take mine out from time to time. So while I think the 20's look good they aren't practical for that 10% of the time I'm out playing. Everyone has their own preferences for what they like best and so as long as it's on a Hummer I'm cool with it. I think this forum is a little more accepting of big rims than some of the others around.

Old 06-07-2011, 09:55 PM

All I'm looking for is some pics to give me some ideas, if someone doesn't like the 20" wheels for whatever reason that is there business, however I like them and think with a 35" tire they look BA. Thanks for the response rsc, I was starting to think I smelled or something.