PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tire TPM warning light...

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2010, 09:56 AM
Red face Tire TPM warning light...

I've had my 2006 h3 for about 3 months (50k miles). I've had to put some TLC into it - so far nothing too costly. Recently, I had two new tires and new brakes put on it. A month or two before that, I had a tire getting low - which was repared shortely after I got it, but the light continued to stay on. During the tire rotation and new tire addition, everying is great - tire pressure, etc. The tire place I took it to can't seem to get the annoying flashing warning light on my dash to go off. They suggested I try driving it a while (which is what they told me when I had the one tire repaired) and thought it would go off then - it never did.

I took it to get the oil changed after picking it up with the new tires and new brakes and asked the valvolene oil change guy about it - he kinda said the same thing - "you need to drive it a while at consistent speed... then it will go off" This was about a week ago and I've driven highway miles, in town, everywhere - and it's still on.

Any suggestions?

Old 01-15-2010, 11:44 AM

Is it the low tire warning or TPMS malfunction warning? if it's low tire I'd try deflating them a little then filling them back up sometimes this works. Or maybe the sensor got messed up when they put the new tires on, some of the tire places aren't real carefull when it comes to TPMS sensors.
all the TMPS info starts on page 5-59
http://www.gm.ca/media/owners/manual...nual_en_CA.pdf

Old 01-15-2010, 05:41 PM

I had a similar problem. above the mileage in the onboard display area it said "TPM SERVICE". I brought it to the dealership since I am still covered by the manufacturer warranty. They said they just had to clean the sensors. Dunno if thats what they really did or what but no more lights.
I am about to get new rims so hopefully it doesnt come back when the new rims go on.

Old 01-18-2010, 11:33 AM

look in your owners manual and it will tell you how to reset the sensors.... i just had to do it to mine... after you reset them and it goes as the book shows, you will have to drive around for a little bit and THEN it will go off... or if you even let it just sit for a little while it will work... the main thing is to go by exactly what the manual says and it will work fine...
________
Medigap forums

Last edited by Dirtman2009; 03-10-2011 at 07:13 PM.
Old 01-19-2010, 07:38 AM

Thanks everyone. I will try each idea until its fixed. I think I'll try the manual. When I got my hummer, there was no manual, but I'll be sure to get one and check it out.

Thanks again,
Maria

Old 01-19-2010, 11:06 AM

You should be able to find an owner's manual online - for free even. Do a search on this site for links.

Old 01-19-2010, 11:29 AM

there's a link for 1 in my post above

Old 01-20-2010, 08:15 AM
Default Thanks

Awesome - thanks!!

Old 01-22-2010, 02:56 PM

One of my sensors was destroyed by NTB when they put my 35s on. Go through the programming process in the manual, if any one of the sensors won't register during the programming process, you could have a bad/broken sensor like I did. Don't expect any tire shop to have a clue on how to do the programming.

Old 01-24-2010, 10:47 AM

So if I had a second set of wheels/tire for the weekends I choose to go off-road, would I need the sensors on those? Or could I just live with the light/warning until I put the stock wheels/tires back on.
________
Honda Research America specifications

Last edited by ShirtaDay.com; 02-10-2011 at 04:33 AM.

Quick Reply: Tire TPM warning light...