PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tire pressure!

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2009, 03:21 PM
Super Moderator

I'll say it again, the spare is not monitored!!

I did not say the spare did not have a sensor. The truck can only recieve FOUR signals. If you rotate in the spare, you have to program in the spare. Check the manual on the proceedure.

Don't believe me, go let 20#s of air out of the spare and see what happens. Nothin, it is NOT in the loop.

Old 07-16-2009, 11:21 AM

I recently had gotten a set of 5 tires KM2's 305/70-16 installed on my stock wheels. The past few mornings my TPMS low tire indicator goes off and after about 10 minutes of driving it is gone. I checked the psi in ther front tires were at 31 and the rear + spare was at 32 cold before driving. I just stopped at tire shop and have them fill it up to 38psi all around. The numbers I have are just borderline cold psi to set off the low tire indicator.

Old 07-16-2009, 11:57 AM

Does anyone have the Adventure Package? I'd like to know what the factory recommended tire pressure is as listed on the driver's door jam.

I just upgraded to 285's and am curious about the factory specified pressure.

Old 07-16-2009, 02:16 PM

I believe the manual says 34psi, but like everyone else I have had the best success running it at 38psi.

Old 09-21-2009, 08:17 AM

I'm running 38psi in all 4 tires and I get "SERV TPM" signal on most trips. Sometimes as soon as I start the truck up and other times after I have been driving awhile. The tire pressure symbol does not come on so is this a potential problem with the sensors? I tried to reset the TPMS but the horn did not chirp after letting air out of the front drivers tire for 10 sec. Steps prior to that one were as expected. Bad sensor(s)?

Old 09-21-2009, 11:15 AM

I'll comment again as already noted, the spare is not monitored. If you've somehow managed to get the truck to recognize five tires in the TPMS learn sequence, then you're a genius. It just can't be done if you follow the steps in the manual. It was also mentioned that 44 is too high. It's not. I run mine at 50 psi -- the rated maximum and the wear is great. Ride is only slightly harsher. I have a good friend who is a Goodyear dealer that recommended running at the max for wear and mileage and have not been disappointed. I too was skeptical at first, but the guy has been there since before I was born, so he does know tires.

Old 09-21-2009, 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by 08H3
I'll comment again as already noted, the spare is not monitored. If you've somehow managed to get the truck to recognize five tires in the TPMS learn sequence, then you're a genius. It just can't be done if you follow the steps in the manual. It was also mentioned that 44 is too high. It's not. I run mine at 50 psi -- the rated maximum and the wear is great. Ride is only slightly harsher. I have a good friend who is a Goodyear dealer that recommended running at the max for wear and mileage and have not been disappointed. I too was skeptical at first, but the guy has been there since before I was born, so he does know tires.
08H3 - does this have anything to do with my question about the "SERV TPM" error message I'm getting or are you responding to older questions in this thread? For interest sake I will bump the pressure up to 50psi and see if the message goes away. For what it is worth I ran my street tires on my bling, bling rims at 35psi and never received an error message (the blingy rims have newer sensors).

Old 09-21-2009, 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by azaussie
08H3 - does this have anything to do with my question about the "SERV TPM" error message I'm getting or are you responding to older questions in this thread? For interest sake I will bump the pressure up to 50psi and see if the message goes away. For what it is worth I ran my street tires on my bling, bling rims at 35psi and never received an error message (the blingy rims have newer sensors).
I was actually referring to older comments in the thread. Try letting air out for more than 10 seconds when doing the TPMS relearn. I usually have to let about 20 seconds of air out before it chirps even though the manual says 10 seconds. If that still doesn't do it, they I would say a bad sensor.

Old 09-21-2009, 06:57 PM

I was actually referring to older comments in the thread. Try letting air out for more than 10 seconds when doing the TPMS relearn. I usually have to let about 20 seconds of air out before it chirps even though the manual says 10 seconds. If that still doesn't do it, they I would say a bad sensor.
I'll give that a try.

Old 09-21-2009, 07:43 PM

Try letting air out for more than 10 seconds when doing the TPMS relearn. I usually have to let about 20 seconds of air out before it chirps even though the manual says 10 seconds. If that still doesn't do it, they I would say a bad sensor.

Well that did the trick (I hope) - 20 secs per tire and the horn chirped on all 4 wheels. I drove around the block and the "SERV TMP" went off. Thanks.

Quick Reply: Tire pressure!